Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fannying about at the back

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Not sure he's made any contact with the player though has he?
Yeah but if it was an Arsenal, City, Liverpool player against us it would have been a pen. Got to keep the top 3 in contention and the refs are biased to them. VAR would not have overturned the on field decision. I am a cynical old bastard :smile:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Trouble is we're fannying around at the front as well these days.
What else can we do against teams that have no greater ambition than to park the bus? It's not like we have the guile to break the deadlock with an incisive corner or inspired free kick now is it? We don't even have a natural born winger that isn't in the treatment room. To channel my inner Renton: it's a shite state of affairs to be in Tommy...

Last edited:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
What else can we do against teams that have no greater ambition than to park the bus? It's not like we have the guile to break the deadlock with an incisive corner or inspired free kick now is it? We don't even have a natural born winger that isn't in the treatment room. To channel my inner Renton: it's a shit state of affairs Tommy...
Very true but just maybe take a shot. It could take a deflection or the keeper might fluff it. We do need to get better people on the ball as I totally appreciate that at Brentford it only kept opening up for Igor.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What else can we do against teams that have no greater ambition than to park the bus? It's not like we have the guile to break the deadlock with an incisive corner or inspired free kick now is it?
Well, anything else would be a start. Just doing something that isn't working, and doing it again and again in the hope that some day it will work ................... well, that doesn't work very well!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
What else can we do against teams that have no greater ambition than to park the bus? It's not like we have the guile to break the deadlock with an incisive corner or inspired free kick now is it? We don't even have a natural born winger that isn't in the treatment room. To channel my inner Renton: it's a shite state of affairs to be in Tommy...
I think these days, we’re far from the team who others would park the bus against as you say. Teams can and do positively attack us, and are rewarded handsomely with own goals and gifts regularly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here