Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fan advisory board



Publius Ovidius

Well-known member
Jul 5, 2003
45,847
at home
Some of @Barry Izbak 's posts on here - earlier in this thread - about how the FAB has grown , worked on various things with the club or just as fans - especially after a difficult first few months where 2 members were asked to resign after breaching confidentiality agreements - and the challenges of trying to represent a massive fan base with lots of different interests, demographics and spaces where they hang out (NSC being just one of them) are worth a read.

And much as i agree that it would be good if the website, comms were more comprehensive / up to date. That takes time, they're volunteers and the Board now has 5 new members where that is a priority. And its also a bit of a moot point just saying they're an excuse for the club to avoid regulation over and over. Doesn't make their job any easier . Imagine joining NSC, seeing this thread and reading posts where you are accused of being a patsy for the club, or that its all a load of "tosh" , "Flawed", that the board has "no real idea", and "pursues personal agendas".

Would you then want to reach out to NSC and engage ?
Reach out!!!!!!!

tsk tsk
 

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
7,292
Lancing By Sea
Thanks to those comments above, we now plan to publish meeting notes on a regular basis here and at www.bhafc-fab.co.uk

FAB MEETING NOTES 30/10/23

Communication – We discussed how best to communicate through the various different channels including NSC / website / Twitter / Facebook / matchday programme / FAB email / webinar / drop in sessions / podcasts / supporter group meetings / fan websites.

Liaison with other FABs (Everton, Brentford) and FSA FAB zoom database.

FAB inbox needs attention with three emails needing replies.

Disabled Supporters Association (DSA) launch plans – March 2024

ACTION Gerry to contact Darren at NSC to request creation of a FAB sub forum

ACTION Charlie to create a X account for the FAB

ACTION Nigel to send all FAB members the website loading instructions

ACTION Gill to join PL Network meeting in November

ACTION Gerry to investigate the introduction of a webinar

ACTION Jo to forward link to the meeting with Zoe regarding the Women's team

ACTION Gerry to look at the email inbox and reply to all outstanding messages

ACTION Gerry to manage the FanAdvisoryBoard@brightonandhovealbion.com inbox for the next week

ACTION Gill to make a start on the programme page so we can all contribute and get it published for the Sheffield United game
 

seagullwedgee

Well-known member
Aug 9, 2005
2,979
And in respect of the complete absence of published Minutes from the last 2 Quarterly Meetings with the Club, when and how might we see those? Did the meetings happen? If so, when, what was on the formal agenda, what decisions were taken, what actions were agreed, to whom were they assigned, what timescale was agreed, and what progress has been achieved and recorded so far. Just basic governance stuff. And, if the Quaterly meetings didn’t happen, why not? Half a year is a hell of a long time to operate with no recorded governance.
 

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
46,268
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Thanks to those comments above, we now plan to publish meeting notes on a regular basis here and at www.bhafc-fab.co.uk

FAB MEETING NOTES 30/10/23

Communication – We discussed how best to communicate through the various different channels including NSC / website / Twitter / Facebook / matchday programme / FAB email / webinar / drop in sessions / podcasts / supporter group meetings / fan websites.

Liaison with other FABs (Everton, Brentford) and FSA FAB zoom database.

FAB inbox needs attention with three emails needing replies.

Disabled Supporters Association (DSA) launch plans – March 2024

ACTION Gerry to contact Darren at NSC to request creation of a FAB sub forum

ACTION Charlie to create a X account for the FAB

ACTION Nigel to send all FAB members the website loading instructions

ACTION Gill to join PL Network meeting in November

ACTION Gerry to investigate the introduction of a webinar

ACTION Jo to forward link to the meeting with Zoe regarding the Women's team

ACTION Gerry to look at the email inbox and reply to all outstanding messages

ACTION Gerry to manage the FanAdvisoryBoard@brightonandhovealbion.com inbox for the next week

ACTION Gill to make a start on the programme page so we can all contribute and get it published for the Sheffield United game
I emailed about four/six weeks ago re the problem over not enough bike racks (apart from yesterday we you could have taken your pick, due to the weather)….i had a very prompt reply, indicating that it would be brought up with the club at the next meeting (if I recall correctly)…any ideas when that would be?

Thank you
 

chimneys

Well-known member
Jun 11, 2007
3,580
And in respect of the complete absence of published Minutes from the last 2 Quarterly Meetings with the Club, when and how might we see those? Did the meetings happen? If so, when, what was on the formal agenda, what decisions were taken, what actions were agreed, to whom were they assigned, what timescale was agreed, and what progress has been achieved and recorded so far. Just basic governance stuff. And, if the Quaterly meetings didn’t happen, why not? Half a year is a hell of a long time to operate with no recorded governance.
Why are you so bloody aggressive? Presume you failed in the election?!
 




Brian Fantana

Well-known member
Oct 8, 2006
7,137
In the field
Why are you so bloody aggressive? Presume you failed in the election?!

I don’t see how that’s aggressive at all. They’re all fairly reasonable questions to ask of an elected body representing tens of thousands of Albion fans.

To have regular meeting dates, agendas and minutes published, with assigned and completed actions seems fairly standard for any committee or board operating at any level and in any industry.

In my experience, anyway.
 


Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
55,374
Back in Sussex
Have you de-duped all the burner accounts from those numbers ? :laugh:
Yep - I've just done that.

I'd like to revise the stated numbers. It turns out there are 7 (seven) people visiting NSC monthly.
 

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
7,292
Lancing By Sea
I emailed about four/six weeks ago re the problem over not enough bike racks (apart from yesterday we you could have taken your pick, due to the weather)….i had a very prompt reply, indicating that it would be brought up with the club at the next meeting (if I recall correctly)…any ideas when that would be?

Thank you
At the travel review meeting they told us that they had ordered more bike racks and would be installing them. They did say there was a limit to how many they could site and that they were pleasantly surprised how many people were taking to option to cycle.
 

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
7,292
Lancing By Sea
And in respect of the complete absence of published Minutes from the last 2 Quarterly Meetings with the Club, when and how might we see those? Did the meetings happen? If so, when, what was on the formal agenda, what decisions were taken, what actions were agreed, to whom were they assigned, what timescale was agreed, and what progress has been achieved and recorded so far. Just basic governance stuff. And, if the Quaterly meetings didn’t happen, why not? Half a year is a hell of a long time to operate with no recorded governance.

The most recent quarterly meeting took place last Tuesday. It was postponed multiple times, partly due to our desire to have all the new FAB people attend, and partly due to club staff availability. The minutes have been written, agreed as a true record by all parties and cleared for adding to the Albion club website.
They will also appear on the FAB website this week.
In future we will publish future meeting dates and agenda items in the numerous channels discussed last night.

These quarterly meetings are over and above the the meetings on specific subjects (Ticketing, Experience, ED&I)
The attendees are one Albion Board member, Jenny and Sarah from Supporter Services and all FAB members
The next meeting is scheduled for 18/1/24. The last one of the season is on 3/4/24

There is also one annual meeting where the Chairman of the FAB is invited to make a presentation to the full Albion Board meeting. This meeting has also been much postponed, but is now due to take place on 22nd November 2023.

At the end of the season the original five FAB members will stand down and nominations will be invited for a new group to join for 2024/2026.
And in respect of the complete absence of published Minutes from the last 2 Quarterly Meetings with the Club, when and how might we see those? Did the meetings happen? If so, when, what was on the formal agenda, what decisions were taken, what actions were agreed, to whom were they assigned, what timescale was agreed, and what progress has been achieved and recorded so far. Just basic governance stuff. And, if the Quaterly meetings didn’t happen, why not? Half a year is a hell of a long time to operate with no recorded governance.
 
Last edited:


LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
46,268
SHOREHAM BY SEA
At the travel review meeting they told us that they had ordered more bike racks and would be installing them. They did say there was a limit to how many they could site and that they were pleasantly surprised how many people were taking to option to cycle.
Thank you for taking the time to reply and also convey positive news

👍
 

Weststander

Well-known member
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
62,654
Withdean area
Thanks to those comments above, we now plan to publish meeting notes on a regular basis here and at www.bhafc-fab.co.uk

FAB MEETING NOTES 30/10/23

Communication – We discussed how best to communicate through the various different channels including NSC / website / Twitter / Facebook / matchday programme / FAB email / webinar / drop in sessions / podcasts / supporter group meetings / fan websites.

Liaison with other FABs (Everton, Brentford) and FSA FAB zoom database.

FAB inbox needs attention with three emails needing replies.

Disabled Supporters Association (DSA) launch plans – March 2024

ACTION Gerry to contact Darren at NSC to request creation of a FAB sub forum

ACTION Charlie to create a X account for the FAB

ACTION Nigel to send all FAB members the website loading instructions

ACTION Gill to join PL Network meeting in November

ACTION Gerry to investigate the introduction of a webinar

ACTION Jo to forward link to the meeting with Zoe regarding the Women's team

ACTION Gerry to look at the email inbox and reply to all outstanding messages

ACTION Gerry to manage the FanAdvisoryBoard@brightonandhovealbion.com inbox for the next week

ACTION Gill to make a start on the programme page so we can all contribute and get it published for the Sheffield United game

Why’s poor Gerry being overloaded with things to do? :mad:
 

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
7,292
Lancing By Sea
There is also one annual meeting where the Chairman of the FAB is invited to make a presentation to the full Albion Board meeting. This meeting has also been much postponed, but is now due to take place on 22nd November 2023.
The annual main board meeting has now been rearranged again, to 18th December.
our Chairman and one other member have a half an hour slot on the agenda for their presentation.
 


HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 23, 2023
1,265
I'm not picking on you, but these sort of comments from people who have zero access to NSCs traffic data always amuse me.

74,000 different people have visited NSC this month which means, either:

- A lot of non-Albion fans visit NSC, or
- NSC's fanbase is huge, for 74,000 to be a small minority.

View attachment 168923
Out of that 74k there was at least 2 scousers trying to get home tickets to the Liverpool game, so probably more like 73998 people.
 

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills


Top