Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte - SIGNED for 1.8 billion pesos

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I think a lot of people are forgetting this fact. Expecting a kid of 18 to come in and perform at a top EPL level week in week out is fanciful. Give him time.
Which is why he should be out on loan, IMO he’s not ready yet to play no10 for a top 6 EPL team and he’s clearly not a winger.
His assist Sunday was class but what else did he do? It’s like praising a defender for one very good tackle if he is then a bit of a passenger. Which is why he was subbed.
I like him, I just hope the reasons that he had to be involved so early end up as a positive for him long term and don’t wreck him.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Which is why he should be out on loan, IMO he’s not ready yet to play no10 for a top 6 EPL team and he’s clearly not a winger.
His assist Sunday was class but what else did he do? It’s like praising a defender for one very good tackle if he is then a bit of a passenger. Which is why he was subbed.
I like him, I just hope the reasons that he had to be involved so early end up as a positive for him long term and don’t wreck him.
Agreed and maybe he should be on loan, however with the amount of injuries we have I am glad we did not loan him

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Did you see our bench on Sunday? It was practically a creche. Where he is, he will get valuable experience both with us and Argentina.

Last edited:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
We're getting from Facu exactly what we should be expecting to get. We should be expecting, from a highly promising, but very young and inexperienced player, flashes of what he can do.

He can't take control of a game, he can't win physical battles, he can't adapt his game to be dispossessed, he can't execute his skills consistently. But that is normal. 18 year olds in this league generally can't do those things.

In two or three years time, there's a chance he will be able to do these things. But this is the time frame fans should be working towards. It could be more like 5 or 6 years. Or even longer. Think Solly. Could the 18 year old Solly be performing at this level? Even the 23 year old Solly?

What he can do is show us glimpses of his undoubted talent.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
He was better on Sunday but his pace still let him down particularly when he was favorite for the ball when chasing back but instead pace cost him and he had to give away a foul. Pace isnt something that can be improved but hopefully when he gets stronger he can compensate this.

He has shown 2 or 3 glimpses though.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
He was better on Sunday but his pace still let him down particularly when he was favorite for the ball when chasing back but instead pace cost him and he had to give away a foul. Pace isnt something that can be improved but hopefully when he gets stronger he can compensate this.

He has shown 2 or 3 glimpses though.
He just won't be this sort of player.

In this trajectory he could get to the style and level of MacAllister in 5 or 6 years. Lack of pace hasn't done him too much harm

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I like him. He shows flashes of the player he could be and that player looks amazing to me. It's also true that those flashes are currently few and far between and when he plays he doesn't have much, if any, impact.

Given time I am convinced he's going to turn into an excellent player.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I'm not convinced he should be in the first team right now. Personally I'd loan him to a Championship club to rough him up a bit, then bring him back and smooth him off.

I know he's not a wooden carving btw, but you get my drift.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
oh dear - did you not see the match on Sunday? Or at least read the live blog/ match reports?

A great effort on goal and the assist

IMG_0775.jpeg

BBC rated him above Gross, Veltman, Dahoud and Beleba - and only 0.05 below Mitoma

IMG_0776.jpeg

It was his best performance of the season (and I said that after the Ajax game at home too - so he is continuing to improve exponentially (as I said he was then!)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here