[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte - SIGNED for 1.8 billion pesos

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Bona it is then 🤣
lol

His nickname (or at least his shortened name) is ‘Facu’ at Rosario

Saying goodbye to Rosario 🥲 (using google translate)

facubuonanotte_ “Hi everyone. The time has come to say goodbye after 7 years, there were good and bad times but always with a smile. I was privileged to wear the most beautiful colors. I wanted to thank all the people who work at the club for shaping me as a person and a player, they always gave me the best. To my colleagues and coaching staff, thank you for all the moments that we share, for helping me improve in all aspects. Thanks to the fans for always being there through thick and thin, for the love they always gave me. It was a pleasure playing in the giant with you in the stands. Lastly, to my family and friends who were always there at all times, without them it would not have been possible to make my dream come true.
reality. See you around the corner, you always go back to where you went
Merry. THANK YOU”
@rosariocentral

Last edited:

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018

Interesting that in this one his head was photoshopped onto a photo of a running player when there are 100 gazillion photos of them standing still to use instead. Trying to work out whose torso it is so we can irrationally take it as an omen. Solly?

canlison

Jan 28, 2022

The list for the Sudamericano Sub20 has finally come out and he's in it. I doubt he would've been called up if Brighton hadn't already agreed to release him (think: Man United's Garnacho not being called up) so he's most probably going.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
RDZ said in his Boro press conference that Facu will be ‘an important player for us this season’

I would say that’s confirmation from the horses mouth that he will be debuted in the first 11 within a few months at the latest.

I don’t think I will need to eat my scarf 😂

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Talked about in the presser…looks as if he’ll not be loaned out and have a part to play sometime this season
Why so many people thought that was going to happen is beyond me. Just one look at his promo back at the beginning of November convinced me that RDZ was going to love this guy and want him in the first 11 ASAP!

Unbelievable what this team is going to look like with Facu, Mitoma, Ferguson on the field at the same time - I think they could be our most valuable players by the end of this season. So excited - thank you Tony 😍:bloom::bounce:

Last edited:

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
And considering he's gonna just about have enough time to tie his boot laces before he goes home for another month.
Don't expect too much this season folks.
A little dismissive perhaps and not sure what you are basing it on tbh - the Sudamericano Sub-20 ends on the 12 February - plenty of time for Facu to ‘be an important player for us this season’ as De Zerbi himself has said.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
A little dismissive perhaps and not sure what you are basing it on tbh - the Sudamericano Sub-20 ends on the 12 February - plenty of time for Facu to ‘be an important player for us this season’ as De Zerbi himself has said.
I'm not being dismissive at all. It took Moises and Mac both months (seasons) to break into the first team. It's taken Moran a long time to get into the first team squad. Enciso hasn't started yet (I believe) and Sarmiento has only started once. Assuming Facu would play in an AM position he has to get past- Mitoma, Trossard, Lallana, March, Gross, Enciso, Sarmiento, Moran. Which of those players is getting dropped?
He's going to be away having barely trained with us, then come back after a fairly intensive spell of football in a totally different continent.
The rest of the season Is a perfect opportunity for him to get used to a new country, new culture, new club, new tactics and training, new language etc. He's not going to be dislodging Mitoma or March no matter how promising he is this season.

Last edited:

Vin

Jun 12, 2021
I'm not being dismissive at all. It took Moises and Mac both months (seasons) to break into the first team. It's taken Moran a long time to get into the first team squad. Enciso hasn't started yet (I believe) and Sarmiento has only started once. Assuming Facu would play in an AM position he has to get past- Mitoma, Trossard, Lallana, March, Gross, Enciso, Sarmiento, Moran. Which of those players is getting dropped?
He's going to be away having barely trained with us, then come back after a fairly intensive spell of football in a totally different continent.
The rest of tho season Is a perfect opportunity for him to get used to a new country, new culture, new club, new tactics and training, new language etc. He's not going to be dislodging Mitoma or March no matter how promising he is this season.
If he’s good enough and impresses he will be included.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Assuming Facu would play in an AM position he has to get past- Mitoma, Trossard, Lallana, March, Gross, Enciso, Sarmiento, Moran. Which of those players is getting dropped?
i’m only expressing opinions not irrefutable facts and everyone is entitled to express theirs - I didn’t mean you were being dismissive (so apologies if that’s how it came across) I just meant the idea that we should have little expectation was dismissive of Facu’s level of talent and of RDZs press conference remarks.

Firstly - I believe it is an error of judgment to compare one young player with another when it’s apples and oranges more often than not - every player is an individual and at different stages of development and personal maturity when they get signed to us. They also respond differently to training and particular coaches - don’t think it’s possible to apply blanket approaches.

Secondly - IMO when a club starts to build a deeper squad, it’s not for the purpose of literally replacing players but rotating them according to the particular demands of the opposition/formation, injuries, match bans and unexpected transfers etc as well as having tactical choices on the bench to allow flexibility during a match. That said, I see no problem with Facu in a starting line up before the season is out and he is also a flexible player positionally.

Thirdly- Mac Allister, Tross, Caceido and even Mitoma could all be on transfers by the end of the Summer.

Finally, with a youth development club like Brighton, young players will always be transitioning in and out of line ups ( often to assess their suitability for Brighton’s first team or even whether they can hack it in EPL football. I don’t believe Facu and Ferguson are in this ccategory from what I have seen but IMO Moran, Gilmour, Undav, Turns, Colwill etc they are all still players in transition and NOT as good as Facu based on what I’ve seen in videos of him.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Whose place would he take in a starting 11 if, as people assume, he becomes a fixture this season?
I think it’s going to be a number of years before he is a regular starter because it’s Solly’s position where I think he’ll fit in best. However, if Solly has a serious injury, we could see a lot more of him sooner than 2025 when I think he’ll break through properly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here