Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte - SIGNED for 1.8 billion pesos

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He is 18 years old folks... just remember that 18

And being selected in Argentina's full squad. This guy is a serious talent.

In a couple of years time to mature and physically get stronger he will be fantastic.
Absolutely.

We can see potential and he hopefully will play a big part in a year or two but I also think it's fair to say he is definitely not ready yet.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He's scored for us
I back all our players but let's be honest, right now he contributes less then JS would and probably less than even a Weir or Kowlaski would. If he was English we'd be ripping him to pieces.
Ultimately though it isn't his fault, we wanted to loan him (to Leeds though which is an indication of where he is at). Hopefully all this cameos won't ruin his development because right now I'm not sure they're productive.
So why didn't we lend him to Leeds then? (genuine question)

We can still send him out somewhere (not necessarily Leeds) in January, so all is not lost! Maybe even at a slightly lower level - upper end League 1 perhaps, where he can really stand out and be a star - great for both his development and his confidence.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
So why didn't we lend him to Leeds then? (genuine question)

We can still send him out somewhere (not necessarily Leeds) in January, so all is not lost! Maybe even at a slightly lower level - upper end League 1 perhaps, where he can really stand out and be a star - great for both his development and his confidence.
Because Enciso got injured and Fati wasn't a planned transfer. I guess if Fati had come in a week earlier the plan might still have happened...
Given be only played a half on Sunday I hope he starts at ten tomorrow.

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
Frustrates me when people are writing him off when RDZ keeps playing him out of position on the wing.

No doubt he's not the full article yet (he's only 18 as many people have rightly pointed out), but all the incredible skills and talent he has have been honed in the number 10 role. The fact he did this in Argentina, where they constantly produce the best 10s in the world only furthers that point. Like most young players that come here, he needs to work on his output (assists/goals) and defensive attributes, especially now the whole team has gone up a level, thats normal, he's only been here 9 months.

If RDZ played him in the 10 role then I don't think a loan would be necessary, but if he's being played out wide then his season would be better spent elsewhere. Strong "we better keep him here just incase we get more injuries" vibes.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Enciso hit the first team running. Buonanotte? Not so much :shrug:
Encisco was rough as hell first few outings and looked incapable of anything beyond a headless chicken impersonation. I couldnt see him being ready for at least another season based on that first few months. After Xmas, out of nowhere he looked world class. Buonanotte is a baby. Even younger than Ali Mac when he came, and he took 18 months to look decent.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Encisco was rough as hell first few outings and looked incapable of anything beyond a headless chicken impersonation. I couldnt see him being ready for at least another season based on that first few months. After Xmas, out of nowhere he looked world class. Buonanotte is a baby. Even younger than Ali Mac when he came, and he took 18 months to look decent.
Mac was already 20 when he first signed for us (and went straight back to BA on loan).……

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
After he came on as a sub at Stoke I thought Enciso was a competition winner. He just ran about and messed everything up. Then something clicked and he has been sensational. I expect the same from Buonanotte and tomorrow would be the perfect time to start.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I've got to love any Albion player who scores worldies against Chelsea and City. But if I'm honest, I've been quite frustrated with Enciso for much of his time on the pitch. I know I'm a very bad man for saying so.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Wise words.

Facundo is extremely highly thought in his national team and at our club. Let’s give him as long as Mac had to come good and not get all ‘Chelsea, impatient and entitled twits’ about the boy.

De Zerbi would not give him minutes if he were not smashing it in training. My only gripe would be that I’d prefer to see him more at No.10 than on the wings.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
He definitely did not. He was pretty poor though start with. A lack of passing and tracking back for example. Just remember how long Mac Alister and Bissouma took to start looking good.
Hell I wouldn't even say Enciso has made himself a regular performer yet (his injury was badly times for that) as the sample size of good performances is actually very small. They all have incredible talent and potential and will have different paths to get there. Just be patient.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Wise words.

Facundo is extremely highly thought in his national team and at our club. Let’s give him as long as Mac had to come good and not get all ‘Chelsea, impatient and entitled twits’ about the boy.

De Zerbi would not give him minutes if he were not smashing it in training. My only gripe would be that I’d prefer to see him more at No.10 than on the wings.
Let's slag him off. Igor too, and van hecke (or am I too late for that?).

Moaning and batching is what helps these players I reckon. Character building innit

Jimmy Grimble

After Solly’s injury, the door is wide open for Buonanotte to stake a claim in the side as the only other left-footed attacker.

He hasn’t looked great on the wing so far but hopefully he can provide an alternative to Adingra on the right as I think RDZ wants to use Fati centrally.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
After Solly’s injury, the door is wide open for Buonanotte to stake a claim in the side as the only other left-footed attacker.

He hasn’t looked great on the wing so far but hopefully he can provide an alternative to Adingra on the right as I think RDZ wants to use Fati centrally.
Was all set to be shipped out on loan this season for a reason

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here