Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte - SIGNED for 1.8 billion pesos

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
The thing I wonder about Facu.

OK, we're near enough unanimous I think that he shouldn't be on the wing .... but is there an argument he won't spent his career in the forward line? He looks to have the attributes of a Gilmour type player. He can obviously knock it about nicely. He looks like a centre mid to me.
Also put in some strong tackles yesterday. Something we hadn't seen from him before.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
I thought a year at Leeds would help his development but hope I am wrong
I think a loan would have been the best bet all round as he looks devoid of confidence. Would then love to see him return with a spring in his step. Just look at how confident Adingra is after a spell away.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
West Brom aren’t giving Sarmiento the minutes he needs, their fans can’t believe he’s not starting.
Can see us recalling Sarmiento to use in our squad and loaning out FB in jan
Got his first start against Millwall at the weekend, off after 60 mins though

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think Buonanotte has much to learn about defensive work and positioning if he is to be an effective wide player. The likes of Mitoma and Adingra seem to have that aptitude. However, he is young.

It is interesting that following Enciso's injury RDZ has not looked to Buonanotte to fill that role of a player playing between the lines, cutting in from the channels, and has given that task to Ansu Fati. Buonanotte's highlight reel is all about running at defences and creating havoc.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I actually thought he played okay in the first half yesterday but clearly was being targeted by 'Muff in a pretty aggressive manner. Adingra was largely anonymous in the first half on the left and only really improved in the second when he was moved back to his natural side. RDZ got it spot on by removing Facundo but I think it was more about tactics and protecting the player than anything else.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
He wasn't terrible. He wasn't great, but the system was the problem, not him. He shouldn't be here of course, he should be playing every game in Belgium or Holland or somewhere, like Caicedo, Mitoma, Adingra all got to do. But he is obviously a prodigious talent to even get near our squad, let alone in a starting XI.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
With a pacey FB on the outside it would open up space for him to cut inside or play the FB in.

Look at Mitoma, part of why he's so effective is he has Estupinan on the overlap constantly who draws a man away.
But Mitoma has pace to exploit a gap, Buononotte does not.

An overlapping full-back will soon get sussed out, particularly if allowing space that may be created isn’t used productively.

Buononotte’s most successful performance was arguably at Forest where he was central.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
He’ll be fine. He’s young and needs tI’ve.
Out on the wing isn’t the best option for him. His performance yesterday was a damn site better than Ensico’s when he played on the wing against Charlton.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
He’ll be fine. He’s young and needs tI’ve.
Out on the wing isn’t the best option for him. His performance yesterday was a damn site better than Ensico’s when he played on the wing against Charlton.
I think there is still a little bit of a confidence issue when he has played for us. Maybe it is playing out of position, but in comparison to Enciso, he seems unwilling to take risks. I think it will come in time. It is a bit reminiscent of the Solly under Potter, i.e. that he would never take players on, but rather turn back and play the easy pass. Maybe it just takes a little spark; after all as you say, Enciso was woeful for much of the first half of last season when he played, and then suddenly he became unplayable.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Isn't it strange that World Champions Argentina select him all the time but the kid is not good enough for some members of NSC?
It’s true they call him up to train with every squad, so they clearly see plenty of promise in him. He’s only actually played once though - in a friendly v Indonesia.

in the last break, he was called up, but not actually named in the match day squad for either game.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
He's 18. Still learning, he's at the right place to gain experience and has options playing more in the middle. Once he gets a goal I think he will change 😀
He's scored for us
I back all our players but let's be honest, right now he contributes less then JS would and probably less than even a Weir or Kowlaski would. If he was English we'd be ripping him to pieces.
Ultimately though it isn't his fault, we wanted to loan him (to Leeds though which is an indication of where he is at). Hopefully all this cameos won't ruin his development because right now I'm not sure they're productive.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He is 18 years old folks... just remember that 18

And being selected in Argentina's full squad. This guy is a serious talent.

In a couple of years time to mature and physically get stronger he will be fantastic.
It's just the usual NSC cycle....excited at rumours and then the actual signing, written off after 10 minutes, knowing more than the coaching staff about what's good for the player and guessing what they are thinking, making up stuff about fitness, injuries, attitude etc and then when said kid actually starts playing regularly and realising their potential putting up posts trying to justify their original view about them :lol: :lol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Despite the much-touted algorithm, the club can't just keep throwing 18 year olds at the first team and expect 100% of them to be EPL Ready. Buonanotte clearly isn't. Needs a season or two elsewhere to confirm his promise - or otherwise - a la Alzate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here