Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Face coverings at The Amex

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What is the scientific rationale and reasoning for having to wear a mask in the open air in the stadium at least 10 feet away from anyone in your bubble ? I can understand the concourse but outside ?

simple answer is there isnt. however it reduces risk of transferring of infection, so advice is to wear them and Premier League has gone with setting it as a rule.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes I did, albeit in a clunky 'answer a question with a question' way.

There doesn't have to be scientific rationale and reasoning for having to wear a mask.

The club could decide only people dressed as chickens are allowed access.
It wouldn't have to justify the decision.
It wouldn't penalize fans who don't want to dress as a chicken.

The club has decided masks are to be worn all the time on the clubs property.

I'll Eden a guess the club wants to do everything it possibly can to get more fans in, as quickly as possible, while taking it's duty of care incredibly seriously.
To facilitate that club has decided to go ultra cautious.

Seemingly others would prefer a cull of fans.

Club didn’t decide in isolation - PL clubs agreed between them to go beyond what the Government required.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...protocols-for-the-return-of-fans-this-weekend

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Worth noting perhaps that there are some “snood” type face protectors which are as effective, or more effective than, masks. See, for example: https://www.virustaticshield.com/

I think the clear indication is that it must be able to be "fixed behind the ears" - a snood doesn't fit that description.

Clearly in the beat of the moment, when we score, leaping up out of your seat could easily dislodge your snood, less likely with a mask!*

* Less likely to be dislodged, not less likely we will score if you wear a mask!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Club didn’t decide in isolation - PL clubs agreed between them to go beyond what the Government required.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...protocols-for-the-return-of-fans-this-weekend

As they should.

I've tried to keep the Government out of my critique of those questioning the decision.

But the fact there's room to easily go further beyond government guidelines to keep everybody safe, says an awful lot about our current leaders, and none of it is good.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yes I did, albeit in a clunky 'answer a question with a question' way.

There doesn't have to be scientific rationale and reasoning for having to wear a mask.

The club could decide only people dressed as chickens are allowed access.
It wouldn't have to justify the decision.
It wouldn't penalize fans who don't want to dress as a chicken.

The club has decided masks are to be worn all the time on the clubs property.

I'll Eden a guess the club wants to do everything it possibly can to get more fans in, as quickly as possible, while taking it's duty of care incredibly seriously.
To facilitate that club has decided to go ultra cautious.

Seemingly others would prefer a cull of fans.

Yep, can be summed up as ‘them’s the rules.’ All this moaning is just hot air. The club doesn’t have to justify what it does to anyone.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As they should.

I've tried to keep the Government out of my critique of those questioning the decision.

But the fact there's room to easily go further beyond government guidelines to keep everybody safe, says an awful lot about our current leaders, and none of it is good.

I too will avoid getting into anything political, but it’s good to see the clubs taking things so seriously and doing all they can to make sure this works as safely as possible - important steps towards increasing numbers sooner rather than later hopefully.

Just need those attending not to act like dicks now.........

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I too will avoid getting into anything political, but it’s good to see the clubs taking things so seriously and doing all they can to make sure this works as safely as possible - important steps towards increasing numbers sooner rather than later hopefully.

Responses to the club's cautious approach would suggest that's a big ask.

Shame.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
A month ago I don’t think many of us expected to be in a ground watching football this side of Xmas ..so tbh I’d go to a match even if they said I could only watch with one eye (just the one game mind)...I dislike masks and I’m not sure they do much when u r well spaced (it’s one view of many) but for NOW we r where we r ..simple as that really

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Most won’t which will just leave a very small minority of the ‘my rights are being infringed’ brigade. I think the club will act with zero tolerance because they will also want to encourage people back that are worried. My uncle and aunt have been STH since the 70s but are vulnerable and will be too worried at present to consider going back and the club will be wanting to show that they can police the selfish mob.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think you are wrong....we all like a groan and moan..and NSC in a way is the place to vent it....come Monday I think things will be fine

1,999 fans may well comply.

No prizes for guessing who'll be focused on.

That said I'm sure you're right and I'm just allowing the permamoaners get under my skin.
Rather silly of me.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Why does there have to be scientific rationale and reasoning for having to wear a mask?

You arrive wearing a mask.
You keep the mask on all the time you are there.
You leave wearing your mask.

Why should the club provide stewards solely to remind people 'you are now entering a mask wearing zone'.

If you don't want to wear a mask.
If you want to drink beer.
If you want to sitting with your friends/family.

That's equally simple:-

Don't go.

FFS again - absolutely this.....
Really not difficult

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Most won’t which will just leave a very small minority of the ‘my rights are being infringed’ brigade. I think the club will act with zero tolerance because they will also want to encourage people back that are worried. My uncle and aunt have been STH since the 70s but are vulnerable and will be too worried at present to consider going back and the club will be wanting to show that they can police the selfish mob.

Yes, this is a good point. If it makes the elderly and vulnerable feel more at ease it makes sense

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
No real issue but can see it getting a bit annoying and tedious having to explain to every steward you pass pulling you over until it's been collected bearing in mind they want you wearing one around the stadium area outside too.

[MENTION=750]swindonseagull[/MENTION] I just hope you haven't jinxed it for anybody going Monday night now that has an exemption. :wink:

How many laps of the stadium do you intend to do before collecting the wristband?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here