Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FAB Euro Ticketing meeting

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
What I am intrigued about, is where did the Ballot rumour come from, it had to originate somewhere? I thought he answered that question well, as I’ve got to be honest that’s what I wanted to know the most. I’m sure there’s some science on how rumours spread.

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
Seagulls over Spain will not ponce any away allocation tickets off the people who attend. Lo siento chicos
Just want to defend myself a little here! We are an official supporters group and we pay the club for that privilege. Other than the group's name on the LEDs before the game and on the website, we don't really get anything for our money except the right to use the club badge. Although I was quite certain that Paul's answer would be that way, I needed him to say what he did publicly so that I can actually approach Betis or Villareal should we be drawn against them.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Just to confirm for away games you need to pre register?
Will the club email confirm of these details?
Get all my away tickets with a mate can we apply for tickets as a pair? Don't fancy being Billy No Mates in Kazakhstan.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just to confirm for away games you need to pre register?
Will the club email confirm of these details?
Get all my away tickets with a mate can we apply for tickets as a pair? Don't fancy being Billy No Mates in Kazakhstan.
Club will confirm nearer the time, pre-registering may help get a bigger allocation, same arrange as buying away tickets for Premier League games you probably won't be Billy Nomates

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
What I am intrigued about, is where did the Ballot rumour come from, it had to originate somewhere? I thought he answered that question well, as I’ve got to be honest that’s what I wanted to know the most. I’m sure there’s some science on how rumours spread.
Facebook maybe? Wasn’t on here or Twitter but I haven’t logged into Facebook for yonks

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
I think just because some other clubs do it that way (I think Man Utd and Liverpool are examples but don't quote me on that).

I couldn't see us doing it like that for our first ever season in Europe tbh, had to be loyalty points really.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I cannot express how much i dislike some of our fanbase watching this. Barbs, Gower and Camillin doing an incredible job wading through some of this drivel
I fortunately swerved the idea of watching inane dross. I prefer to read the detail from the club and go from there.

I will attempt to contain my dismissive attitude to those bereft of any savvie, I can't believe the amount of rubbish said at such events.

I'm not rich, I forgo many things to follow my club around but, BUT, like many older supporters I could only ever dream of a time my little club was about to play in one of the best international team competitions in the World. I'd Sell my family silver to see our first game ever in Europe and the fact the club has made it sooooooo cheap to buy a 3 game ticket to watch my little team compete in a tournament of such magnitude for nothing more one decent meal out, I applaud.

A thing of dreams.

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
Just want to defend myself a little here! We are an official supporters group and we pay the club for that privilege. Other than the group's name on the LEDs before the game and on the website, we don't really get anything for our money except the right to use the club badge. Although I was quite certain that Paul's answer would be that way, I needed him to say what he did publicly so that I can actually approach Betis or Villareal should we be drawn against them.
Fair enough, surprised you have to pay the club… Understand from family living near to Villarreal that previous games there vs English clubs required you to be resident in Valencian community & DNI holder as a minimum to get a home ticket..

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
Fair enough, surprised you have to pay the club… Understand from family living near to Villarreal that previous games there vs English clubs required you to be resident in Valencian community & DNI holder as a minimum to get a home ticket..
Local coach companies ran trips to watch Liverpool play there. How the hell did they get tickets?!

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023

I lived in mainland Europe for a long time: Germany, Switzerland and France, (briefly). I went to plenty of EL and CL matches in those countries plus 2 or 3 in Italy. Until the later stages of the competition, getting tickets is a breeze as long as you don’t leave it too late. I don’t blame you for asking the question but really, it would cause resentment to expect a chunk of tickets from the small Brighton allocation when they’ll already be in high demand. If we’re drawn against Betis, say, just buy tickets locally and add to the Albion support. I doubt you’ll have any problem though I might keep quiet about your Brighton affiliation!

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I doubt you’ll have any problem though I might keep quiet about your Brighton affiliation!
"Me and 30 of my British friends living across Spain would like to buy tickets as a group for your game against Brighton please"
"No, none of us have any previous purchase history or involvement with your club"
"No, none of us are Brighton fans, what gave you that idea?"

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Facebook maybe? Wasn’t on here or Twitter but I haven’t logged into Facebook for yonks
I open Facebook about once every couple of weeks.

Funnily enough, I did this afternoon.

I guess my infrequent visits and interactions means the FB algorithm struggles with what to show me first, trying to find something that will make me stick around, Today it showed me a post from an Albion FB group and, intrigued, I took a look.

The opening post was the revelation that we'll only get 5% of tickets for away games. It seems this was big news to some. The conversation soon went off onto numerous other tangents, one of which was that the only fair way to allocate tickets would be via ballot as this would mean those who can't afford to travel to away games (and accrue loyalty points) would then be able to go to a European away game.

Trying to square how someone who can't afford to go to domestic away games, but would be able to afford to travel to away games all over Europe was enough for me to shut down Facebook for another few weeks.

It was like an Albion-only view of the Daily Mail comments section. Utterly bizarre and I was thankful for this relatively sane little corner of the Albion internet.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
"Me and 30 of my British friends living across Spain would like to buy tickets as a group for your game against Brighton please"
"No, none of us have any previous purchase history or involvement with your club"
"No, none of us are Brighton fans, what gave you that idea?"
No need to be snarky. Suppose a group of Spanish or German people wanted to buy a big block of tickets in the middle of the Brighton fans at the Amex to support their team in the EL tie.. What would the box office response be? What would the stewards response be? What would the Albion fans response be?

People can’t have everything their own way all of time. This drives me nuts. The bloke in Spain wants to go to see Albion in a Spanish stadium — fair enough. But to expect to make a block booking in the middle of the home support is madness. They have to be surreptitious and use some common sense.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I open Facebook about once every couple of weeks.

Funnily enough, I did this afternoon.

I guess my infrequent visits and interactions means the FB algorithm struggles with what to show me first, trying to find something that will make me stick around, Today it showed me a post from an Albion FB group and, intrigued, I took a look.

The opening post was the revelation that we'll only get 5% of tickets for away games. It seems this was big news to some. The conversation soon went off onto numerous other tangents, one of which was that the only fair way to allocate tickets would be via ballot as this would mean those who can't afford to travel to away games (and accrue loyalty points) would then be able to go to a European away game.

Trying to square how someone who can't afford to go to domestic away games, but would be able to afford to travel to away games all over Europe was enough for me to shut down Facebook for another few weeks.

It was like an Albion-only view of the Daily Mail comments section. Utterly bizarre and I was thankful for this relatively sane little corner of the Albion internet.
1D96E354-A47F-4B42-9C5C-6EFF9268C5C7.png

This was the result of me suggesting on that very same post, that we shouldn’t be shunting people out the way who attended Newcastle for those who just fancy the trip.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here