Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA providing help with Homophobia at football

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
According to this it is Football vs Homophobia month, funny enough reading the material from the FA we are not used in the case studies

The Football Association has stepped up efforts to fight homophobia in football by providing clubs with atoolkit.
The resource has been sent to the 92 clubs of the Premier League and Football League and other teams as part of the Football v Homophobia campaign.
The 43-page document carries advice on how to create good relations with the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community.
West Ham have supported the campaign ahead of the match against Tottenham

Is football combating homophobia?

The players wore Football v Homophobia T-shirts in the lead-up to Monday's encounter at Upton Park.
Hammers captain Kevin Nolan said: "It's important that we, as a club and as a squad, support the Football v Homophobia campaign.
"We're role models and we've got to ensure that we respect all members of society and show that we're open minded.
"If someone told me, or any of the lads, that they were gay, it wouldn't change our view of them one iota and that's the only way it can be, so it's a vital message to push."

Screen shot 2013-02-25 at 20.44.01.png
BBC Sport - FA provides clubs with to tackle homophobia

http://www.thefa.com/~/media/Files/...-homophobia-toolkit---professional-clubs.ashx

I think the club should put some of those posters in the away end to discourage this behaviour towards our fans

Last edited:

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
What is unfortunate is the perverse understanding of what homophobia is, to the point it translates to a desire to protect red blooded males from assertions against their sexual origin.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Fair play to andydyson on there though. The rest sounds very old school.

I thought that seems like a thoroughly decent chap

+ the FA are fecking useless just how long have they been trying to stamp out racism

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Has Kazim Richards apologised for his homophobic actions yet?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here