Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup SF: Purchase History window. Yes or No?

Should the club have opened a purchase history window?

• Yes

Votes: 84 68.3%
  • No

Votes: 39 31.7%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That's true.
It's the whole guest thing that's gone a bit wrong, prioritising people who may have never been to an albion game before over people who have been to dozens/hundreds.
A lot of guests will be those with purchase history, but clearly some won't.

My two guests are my partner and my daughter. My daughter was a long-term STH but lapsed when she went to university two years ago (and I was able to rename the ST to my son). My partner comes to the very occasional game but hasn't attended this season before now.

I absolutely agree that those who have bought match tickets this season are more "deserving" than my partner, but the club decided that a STH perk was the ability to bring guests so, like many others I'm sure, I've taken that opportunity up. I wouldn't have had any qualms if I'd only been able to buy tickets for my two season tickets, and my particular day-trippers missed out, if the club had arranged the sales tiers differently.

levs

Jul 10, 2017
A lot of guests will be those with purchase history, but clearly some won't.

My two guests are my partner and my daughter. My daughter was a long-term STH but lapsed when she went to university two years ago (and I was able to rename the ST to my son). My partner comes to the very occasional game but hasn't attended this season before now.

I absolutely agree that those who have bought match tickets this season are more "deserving" than my partner, but the club decided that a STH perk was the ability to bring guests so, like many others I'm sure, I've taken that opportunity up. I wouldn't have had any qualms if I'd only been able to buy tickets for my two season tickets, and my particular day-trippers missed out, if the club had arranged the sales tiers differently.
I think the fix, would be to have guests with purchase history rather than just any guests. But even so I don't begrudge any guests having priority over people with just purchase history. If that was one of the perks sold to you as season ticket holder, then you should absolutely be able to take advantage of it.

However, the premise that it would have never gone to purchase history regardless of the amount sold is a kick in the teeth, even if it may not have ever reached us. Essentially people like me have been banned from attending this game and potentially the final. I'm considering writing to the club about it to be honest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here