Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup quarter final v Grimsby Sun 19th March 2.15

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Why do they give actual attendance at FA Cup games but tickets sold at PL games? Not stirring, just interested to know.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
That attendance figure cant be right cant it? 29415 out of a capacity 31800? The Grimsby end was obviously packed, looked like every seat filled, and from my view up in the east upper I could only see a scattered couple of empty seats here and there around the rest of the place. That figure would suggest 2400 empty seats, an area covering roughly half the Grimsby support...
quite a few empty seats in both upper and lower east.

Hudson Hawk

Feb 20, 2017
Upper Beeding
That attendance figure cant be right cant it? 29415 out of a capacity 31800? The Grimsby end was obviously packed, looked like every seat filled, and from my view up in the east upper I could only see a scattered couple of empty seats here and there around the rest of the place. That figure would suggest 2400 empty seats, an area covering roughly half the Grimsby support...
I was in the east for the match and there were loads of empty seats in the West middle. That seem to be the bulk of them.

That's why i wasn't surprised when they announced the attendance, but couldn't understand why it was sold out before the match.

Unless the were 1901 type tickets who don't have to buy them for cup games so they weren't available for sale, and unlike for the prem match's, they don't count them as attendance for FA Cup despite being sold?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here