Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA cup 4th round, Sheffield united

BenPage

Nov 2, 2023
Can anyone tell me what the likely date of the 4th round vs sheffield will be on and ticketing sales dates by any chance? presumably if on a weekend they would give a large allocation?

cheers.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I haven’t been to an away game in years. We have our paper tickets, additionally is ID sometimes checked away FAC games?
I have rootled round in the loft and dug out my photo driving licence just in case.

And today I received a letter telling me I have to renew it, as it's 10 years old. Can't do it online, as I don't have a passport, my local Post Office aren't one of the main ones. Going to have to drive 15 miles, and pay extra (£21.50 instead of £14) - just to get a new photo on a driving licence that used to be free. I don't even look that much different!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I haven’t been to an away game in years. We have our paper tickets, additionally is ID sometimes checked away FAC games?
ID is checked at all away games but not for everyone. They pick punters at random. We’re taking ours.

Jimmy Grimble

Anyone else already got train cancellation notifications for the return journey? 🤦‍♂️

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Where are people drinking before the match? We get to Sheffield at 10.43 so plenty of time for a drink or 2
Thread on Sheffield forum

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Thread on Sheffield forum
From a "is it a decent pub" perspective, I'd back up the Beer Engine and Sheaf View recommendations on that thread.
Brothers Arms slightly further up the hill from the Sheaf View is good as well.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Where are people drinking before the match? We get to Sheffield at 10.43 so plenty of time for a drink or 2
At the station is the excellent Sheffield Tap with nice ales. En route is the Triple Point that will get rammed post match. Rutland Arms had good selection of ales, as did the Lord Nelson. The latter being a Home pub with United shirts on the wall but made us welcome Friday. Saturday we're off to the Kelham Island area for a good selection of bars.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I have rootled round in the loft and dug out my photo driving licence just in case.

And today I received a letter telling me I have to renew it, as it's 10 years old. Can't do it online, as I don't have a passport, my local Post Office aren't one of the main ones. Going to have to drive 15 miles, and pay extra (£21.50 instead of £14) - just to get a new photo on a driving licence that used to be free. I don't even look that much different!
I had this a few years ago, got told my license had expired . . .WTF's that all about! When it cam back they'd taken half my entitlements off it.

After I'd gon eballistic they reinstated it all. The DVLA's on line stuf is very good to be fair, but if you hae to actually do anything on paper it seems to get directed to lobotomised goldfish.

I'm still engaging in argument with them about reregistering a scooter I've had since 1996!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I had this a few years ago, got told my license had expired . . .WTF's that all about! When it cam back they'd taken half my entitlements off it.

After I'd gon eballistic they reinstated it all. The DVLA's on line stuf is very good to be fair, but if you hae to actually do anything on paper it seems to get directed to lobotomised goldfish.

I'm still engaging in argument with them about reregistering a scooter I've had since 1996!

I've still got my paper licence (benefit of not having moved in 30 years :wink:). Never gets a second glance when hiring cars abroad :shrug:

I keep on meaning to get it done but now you've put me off.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
At the station is the excellent Sheffield Tap with nice ales. En route is the Triple Point that will get rammed post match. Rutland Arms had good selection of ales, as did the Lord Nelson. The latter being a Home pub with United shirts on the wall but made us welcome Friday. Saturday we're off to the Kelham Island area for a good selection of bars.
The Wellington and Shakespeare's are both good down Kelham Island way (neither of them are actually on Kelham Island). Wellington's a Neepsend brewery pub.
Obviously there's loads of good pubs and bars down there but I tend to rather unfairly file most of the others under either "hipster nonsense" or "not noticeably changed since 1977".

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I've still got my paper licence (benefit of not having moved in 30 years :wink:). Never gets a second glance when hiring cars abroad :shrug:

I keep on meaning to get it done but now you've put me off.
The older I get the more inclined I. Am to fight the system 🤷🏼‍♂️ and the less fucks I give 💥

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here