Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Everton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Last season Fulham went down with 28 points, I didn't think it was possible but I am not sure any of the bottom 4 are that much better than the 3 relegated sides last season. I'm struggling to see any of Watford, Burnley and Norwich getting more than 30 points right now. Even Newcastle need a very very good transfer window to pull themselves away from the danger zone.

Agree totally I personally do not think 40 points is the target this year. Bottom four atm are fighting for their survival.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Over the past few games I have looked at the comments on the BBC football website.
Fans from many clubs being very fair and liking what Brighton are doing, some from fans of clubs we have just played.
One negative post stated that not long ago we were booing Potter and the team, I thought that it was a very fair comment and needed to be said.
Those that did boo must be feeling stupid now and I hope, as fans, embarrassed.
Those boos were at the general profligacy in front of goal from a range of players... plus the lack of solutions over the last 3 seasons.... not at the boss or individual players

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Agree totally I personally do not think 40 points is the target this year. Bottom four atm are fighting for their survival.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

40 points has been more than enough for safety in all except 2 or 3 seasons since the PL went to 20 teams. I think the average number of points required to stay up is something like 36.7, so 37 points means on average you’ll be more than likely to stay up. Watford, Norwich and Burnley won’t get anywhere near that.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Full game on Sky 10pm

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Today’s my birthday and it feels like we always win when we play on the day, but I assumed this was selective memory on my part. I’ve just looked through our recent history and have noticed that since 2008 we have only lost ONE game in the first week of a new year;

2008 Win Bournemouth
2009 No Game First week
2010 Torquay 1 - 0
2011 1st/3rd Win Win
2012 Southampton 3 - 0
2013 Ipswich 3 - 0
2014 1st/4th Draw Win
2015 3rd Brentford 2 - 0
2016 LOST
2017 Fulham 2 - 1
2018 1st Draw 2 - 2
2019 Draw 2 - 2
2020 Draw
2021 Draw 3 - 3
2022 Win

Do we play better when we’re still a little bit pissed?

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
Those boos were at the general profligacy in front of goal from a range of players... plus the lack of solutions over the last 3 seasons.... not at the boss or individual players

I was pretty surprised Everton fans booed Rondon coming on, that is damn low. What is that all about?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Good game and great 3 points, though dodgy last 10mins.
Reserves plus benched players for cup game and then give Palarse a spanking.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
not sure why he came on in front of iwobi to be honest .....he is a cart horse.

I recently saw some link with us about Rondon for January window. Hope not.

Booing a sub coming on shows disloyalty to the manager, player and team. Shows what kind of 'fans' they are.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Still not first on MOTD despite 5 goals #teamslikebrighton

I haven’t seen MOTD2, but I assume Chelsea Liverpool was on first. Not sure that you can complain about a 2-2 draw between 2nd and 3rd place being on first.

If some of the other games were on before us then you have a point.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Everton in a tough spot- stat I heard today was that they have only scored 6 points since 17 Sept and are ‘bottom of the league’ looking at the period 17 Sept to today.

Rafa was always going to struggle there given his ‘red’ credentials. An extended period of poor form just gives the fans another reason to turn on him- can see him being forced out soonish.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
We needed that to follow up a couple of good matches since Christmas Day. I said earlier we usually have a good stretch after Christmas. Whether we keep the momentum up is patchy but I’m enjoying this. Hopefully we stay strong to smash the shit out of Palarse on the 14th.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here