Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Euros 2024 - Matchday 3

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Harsh crowd here, again. It's as if people are dissapointed that England won!

A win, is a win, is a win.
Of course I'm delighted we won, but we right now have the best squad in my lifetime and the biggest potential we've ever had to see England finally lift a trophy and its being mismanaged on the field by a lovely bloke, who just isnt a good tactical manager imho.

You still hope for best, but tonight is more of the same. If this group of players was in hands of pep or Klopp we'd win, in the hands of waistcoat with his Hughton'esqe instincts and lack of ability to read the game and make tactical changes to turn game, its is our achilles heal and it's wasting the opportunity in front of us.

This was Serbia, and we were clinging on second half, no disrespect but they're no France, Spain Belgium or Portugal

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Some posters wow . Reflects society .instant gratification required . Unless it’s blowing my mind I will squeal like a bitch . Let’s face it , anything less than a 3-0 England and blistering football and same lot come out woodwork

I'm looking forward to rejoining the England Supporters Travel Club for WC2026.
Membership now open at £85 for the 2 years.

https://www.englandfootball.com/art...mbership-2024-2026-applications-open-20241206

In all likelihood, Southgate will thankfully have gone taking his uninspiring football and tactical ignorance with him.

No instant gratification required here.

I'm more than happy to wait to make sure he's definitely out.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
All those who focus on the negatives, play the first 25-30 minutes again. They couldn't get the ball. We bossed them. And we delivered the end product when it mattered.

The rest of the game was different, but we still defended effectively.

This is not all bad.
I understand that it was not all bad, but it was not all good either. We seemed very sloppy with our passing and, if it wasn’t for Pickford, Serbia could’ve snatched a point or even three against us. That said, we take the three points from this opening match and I hope we can improve against Denmark.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'm not so sure. We turn up against the big boys and we have the quality to beat anyone.
The hard reality we have never knocked a big team out on foreign soil.

We’re the Newcastle United of International football.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If it's all about which players, substitutions etc how come that starting 11 played Serbia off the pitch first 20 ? The players are obviously capable so what happened ?

First 20, they put in the effort, closed down, pressed high, all those basic things that make teams good.

Because we were outplaying Serbia (whose plan seemed to be to sit behind the ball for 90 minutes) so they changed. When they changed, we needed to change too, but we didn't know how. The players should have been instructed by the manager what to do depending on how the opposition were playing. Whatever he tried to tell them, didn't work.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Love the beating England favourites at 7/2

There’s money to be made in a patriotic market

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Harsh crowd here, again. It's as if people are dissapointed that England won!

A win, is a win, is a win.
If we were to win a final, I wouldn't give a rats arse how we performed. But we're wanting to go far so we are looking at our performance at this stage and we're not going to get over-excited about winning a group game against a poor side. We're not Scotland.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Germany last tournament. Should of beaten Italy in last euros and were as good as France in last world cup semi. Granted, we didn't beat either but matched them and should of!
Germany at last Euros were not good at all, in transition and we were at home.

Both Italy final and France WC were similar as tonight. Their quality meant we got punished

We score early v Italy, on top, Mancini makes tactical changes, its all Italy, its obvious goal is coming and nothing changes.

France WC we're on top, and he goes full Chris Hughton and tries to hold on to what he has.

The bottom line is we have never been in a 50/50 ko game with one of the better nations in form and won, everytime we've lost and everytime the other team has made changes to get on top, there's been very poor adaption or ability to arrest that or change it.

Potter would be a much better in game tactician.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Full of utter bellends.

I was in the VIP area and fans in the area behind starting chucking pints, wine bottles, trays, cans and anything they could get their hands on at everyone in the VIP area at the front. Saw a child of about 8 take a full can of Asahi to the head.

This was just as the second half started, so not even an ‘exciting’ moment in the game. Avoid this place.

Never in a million years would I have guessed that it'd be full of absolute bellends 🤣🙄

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Of course I'm delighted we won, but we right now have the best squad in my lifetime and the biggest potential we've ever had to see England finally lift a trophy and its being mismanaged on the field by a lovely bloke, who just isnt a good tactical manager imho.

You still hope for best, but tonight is more of the same. If this group of players was in hands of pep or Klopp we'd win, in the hands of waistcoat with his Hughton'esqe instincts and lack of ability to read the game and make tactical changes to turn game, its is our achilles heal and it's wasting the opportunity in front of us.

This was Serbia, and we were clinging on second half, no disrespect but they're no France, Spain Belgium or Portugal
And people talk about his great man management as well. But he has ZERO fire in his belly to motivate players once we go ahead or get into a bad phase in a game. Foden has never had a good game for England as far as I can remember. as he's played out of position and twatgate can't get the best out of him from a motivational point of view, that's criminal.

How has he kept the job for this tournament? It's crazy.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The hard reality we have never knocked a big team out on foreign soil.

We’re the Newcastle United of International football.
That's about right. In the last 40 years England have only missed out on a tournament twice (I think the Italians have missed out more). Nearly always seeded. They should have reached finals, they have the resources and often the capabilities. But they just don't.

If international football was the EPL, England would always be fifth or sixth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here