Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] European Golf Holidays

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Looks like we’ve reached the stage in marriage where we don’t have to holiday together each and every time! (Rejoice!)

With this in mind looking to book a European golf resort holiday for a group around September / October time.

Obviously I’ve had a look so far on Your Golf Travel etc but am now turning to the knowledge held on NSC for such venues.

Are there any websites / resorts members would recommend for such a trip?

The course quality is the primary factor but the accommodation / food drink etc needs to be a comfortable experience as well

Much appreciated in advance

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Bit leftfield and certainly not resorts but a combined trip to Carcassonne GC and Toulouse Paloma (both fantastic tracks) would be my pick if you don't fancy the costas.

Balders

Aug 19, 2013
Really depends how much you all want to spend as pricing has gone through the roof - Turkey (Belek) was decent value but alas no more, quality tracks but unless you pay extra, you'd be restricted to only playing a course or a couple of courses owned by the Hotel you stay at. More geared up for 7nt stays, but All Inclusive is always welcome!
Apart from the Costa Del Sol and the Algarve, you might want to look at the "Silver Coast" north west of Lisbon, stay at Praia D'el Rey or Royal Obidos and play 3 great tracks, Praia, Obidos and the relatively new West Cliffs (bit of a gem!) and they seem to have better deals lately.

Apart from that, Bulgaria is a bit "left field" but you'd want to play Thracian Cliffs, then there's Mallorca, but that's gone pricey. North coast of France is another option with easy access through the tunnel.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Looks like we’ve reached the stage in marriage where we don’t have to holiday together each and every time! (Rejoice!)

With this in mind looking to book a European golf resort holiday for a group around September / October time.

Obviously I’ve had a look so far on Your Golf Travel etc but am now turning to the knowledge held on NSC for such venues.

Are there any websites / resorts members would recommend for such a trip?

The course quality is the primary factor but the accommodation / food drink etc needs to be a comfortable experience as well

Much appreciated in advance
I’ve organised about 15 annual ‘blokes away’ trips in a row same time of year, usually 8-12 of us, and vast majority to the Algarve plus a handful to Spain. The Algarve wins hands down for me - latterly (8/9 years in a row) we’ve been to Alvor. Smaller (and cheaper - typically end up with a Pestana Group deal which ties in the hotel and golf) than Vilamoura, plenty of decent courses within 30 mins drive and a brilliant selection of restaurants. The agent I use down there really is fantastic - we’ve used him for at least 12 trips and never had a single problem. He also books all transport for us so no-one has to drive - it works like clockwork. The Pestana courses are pretty good, but you don’t have to play them - loads of other options. Website below will cover most if not all of them.

Site - https://www.playbettergolf-algarve.com/

Contact - Tom Van der Ham - tom@play-better-golf.co.uk

Problem you’ll possibly have now for Sept/Oct is tee times - we don’t always get what we want booking a year ahead ! The Algarve weather typically seems to break around mid October so you’re more at risk of rain after that, but end September we’ve barely seen a drop in all our trips, with daytime temps of mid-20s.

Happy to go into more detail re courses, hotels etc if you want at some point.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I’ve organised about 15 annual ‘blokes away’ trips in a row same time of year, usually 8-12 of us, and vast majority to the Algarve plus a handful to Spain. The Algarve wins hands down for me - latterly (8/9 years in a row) we’ve been to Alvor. Smaller (and cheaper - typically end up with a Pestana Group deal which ties in the hotel and golf) than Vilamoura, plenty of decent courses within 30 mins drive and a brilliant selection of restaurants. The agent I use down there really is fantastic - we’ve used him for at least 12 trips and never had a single problem. He also books all transport for us so no-one has to drive - it works like clockwork. The Pestana courses are pretty good, but you don’t have to play them - loads of other options. Website below will cover most if not all of them.

Site - https://www.playbettergolf-algarve.com/

Contact - Tom Van der Ham - tom@play-better-golf.co.uk

Problem you’ll possibly have now for Sept/Oct is tee times - we don’t always get what we want booking a year ahead ! The Algarve weather typically seems to break around mid October so you’re more at risk of rain after that, but end September we’ve barely seen a drop in all our trips, with daytime temps of mid-20s.

Happy to go into more detail re courses, hotels etc if you want at some point.
Cheers, will have a look. It’s going to be an annual thing now more than likely so keen to get a decent one off the mark

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Really depends how much you all want to spend as pricing has gone through the roof - Turkey (Belek) was decent value but alas no more, quality tracks but unless you pay extra, you'd be restricted to only playing a course or a couple of courses owned by the Hotel you stay at. More geared up for 7nt stays, but All Inclusive is always welcome!
Apart from the Costa Del Sol and the Algarve, you might want to look at the "Silver Coast" north west of Lisbon, stay at Praia D'el Rey or Royal Obidos and play 3 great tracks, Praia, Obidos and the relatively new West Cliffs (bit of a gem!) and they seem to have better deals lately.

Apart from that, Bulgaria is a bit "left field" but you'd want to play Thracian Cliffs, then there's Mallorca, but that's gone pricey. North coast of France is another option with easy access through the tunnel.
Thanks will have a look

Haven’t done one for a fair few years but pricing seems to have jumped massively. TBF I am looking at package prices so might be some value in breaking it up, but then it’s hassle vs cost

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
@Rugrat might have a few suggestions for you...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here