Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Europa League Group B - as predicted very tight

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Thought I'd start a specific thread for our group, which seems to be ridiculous.

After a win and a draw we lie bottom but could easily move into the qualifying places with a win next time out. And - (I can't believe I'm typing this sentence) - home to Ajax represents a great chance of a first European win.

Every game has been a draw so far except our opener and every team has scored either 4 or 5 goals in 2 games. It's ridiculously tight. If we beat Ajax at home, draw with them away and don't lose both the others I reckon we'll at least be in the Europa Conference next stages. If we can beat either Marseille or AEK we could be looking at top 2.

One of those groups where everyone is going to take points off each other.

Where do you see us finishing?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
* loss and a draw

Results have gone well. I think we can still top the group - just need a win next game really.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
**** knows. Can see the final round of games deciding top to bottom with any team ending up in any of them. After the second half last night my sense (hope ?) is we’re getting to grips with it so stand a decent chance.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Thought I'd start a specific thread for our group, which seems to be ridiculous.

After a win and a draw we lie bottom but could easily move into the qualifying places with a win next time out. And - (I can't believe I'm typing this sentence) - home to Ajax represents a great chance of a first European win.

Every game has been a draw so far except our opener and every team has scored either 4 or 5 goals in 2 games. It's ridiculously tight. If we beat Ajax at home, draw with them away and don't lose both the others I reckon we'll at least be in the Europa Conference next stages. If we can beat either Marseille or AEK we could be looking at top 2.

One of those groups where everyone is going to take points off each other.

Where do you see us finishing?
f*** knows.

We could win all 4 from hereon in. On the other hand, we could limp on and collect only 2 more points - neither would surprise me.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think we're getting a bit more streetwise. I reckon we'll beat Marseille at home. And it wouldn't shock me if we beat Ajax at home: the other two? Who knows? They'll both be tough

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here