Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Europa League format

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Presuming we avoid a complete calamity and qualify, I think we'd go directly into a (seeded?) group stage (8 groups of four teams).

Winners go straight through to the first knockout round (16 teams). But runners-up have to play in an extra prelim knockout round which includes 8 teams eliminated from the Champions League.

We'd play a minimum of 6 extra games and a max of 11 (EDIT: corrected to 15)

Does that sound correct?! Not sure when the group stage starts.

Last edited:

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
The group stage for the Europa League will start on the 21st September 2023.

The final will be held at the Aviva Stadium in Dublin on the 22nd May 2024.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Presuming we avoid a complete calamity and qualify, I think we'd go directly into a (seeded?) group stage (8 groups of four teams).

Winners go straight through to the first knockout round (16 teams). But runners-up have to play in an extra prelim knockout round which includes 8 teams eliminated from the Champions League.

We'd play a minimum of 6 extra games and a max of 11.

Shirley a maximum of 13 games if making it to the final. Our first game will be Thursday 21st September I believe.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Shirley a maximum of 13 games if making it to the final. Our first game will be Thursday 21st September I believe.
It's 15 I think - my head (unsurprisingly) hurts (I forgot aboout two legs!):

Six games at group stage.
Then (possibly) prelim knockout round (2), round of 16 (2), Qtr final (2), Semi (2), Final (1).

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
It's 15 I think - my head (unsurprisingly) hurts (I forgot aboout two legs!):

Six games at group stage.
Then (possibly) prelim knockout round (2), round of 16 (2), Qtr final (2), Semi (2), Final (1).
We go straight to the Group stages in the Europa League. We have to qualify for the Conference League though.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

We'd play a minimum of 6 extra games and a max of 11.

Good that we go straight into a seeded group. Are there qualifying games before this. What is earliest we can be drawn against Liverpool

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We go straight to the Group stages in the Europa League. We have to qualify for the Conference League though.
Luckily we're not in that.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If we get knocked out early does this mean we go straight into the Scottish Premiership?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
After all this celebrating, can you imagine if we got knocked out in the first qualifying round to Lokomotiv Pigfarm?
Or Sporting Anastasia of Nicosia? ???

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Good that we go straight into a seeded group. Are there qualifying games before this. What is earliest we can be drawn against Liverpool

I am not certain for sure they are seeded? Anyone know?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here