Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Eric Ten Hag

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The worst kept secret in football but official announcement today...

Ten Hag exclusive news

I think he will be a great success, comes with a similar calibre and attention to detail, work ethic as Klopp but will need a good strong structure behind him and strong will to get rid of the prima Donnas, to give them the success that they deserve.

Last edited:

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I hope it works out just as well as the last Ajax manager to transition to the Premier League.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He is pretty dull and dislikable but no doubt he has done a great job with Ajax and if they give him a lot of power he could perhaps accomplish something with United.

Most likely outcome is that they wont be able to challenge City or Liverpool for two years or so and then decide to sack him just to bring in another bloke who they expect to perform magic and will later need to sack.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Think he's mad. Wouldn't go near that job until the Glazers have gone, it's a reputation destroyer.

He's got a huge job there, they need to ship out half the squad and then replace them.

Totally agree. I think a lot of the fans would be OK with knowing it was a painful 4 or 5 year project just to be competitive again as long as they could see the trajectory and knew there was a plan and a structure to sustain it, but I can't imagine the owners have said they'll give him 6 transfer windows and a full season before they judge him. Feels inevitable it's doomed to acrimonious failure within 2 years with a couple of deceptive bright moments along the way just to really emphasise how far United have fallen when it all goes wrong again. They should have kept Moyes just like Fergie wanted - he knew what he was doing when he anointed him as successor I'm sure.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Think he's mad. Wouldn't go near that job until the Glazers have gone, it's a reputation destroyer.

He's got a huge job there, they need to ship out half the squad and then replace them.

And that will be difficult. A lot of their players are earning a lot more than they deserve and clubs will be reluctant to pay up when they can find similar quality much cheaper elsewhere.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They'll need more than 10 Hags to sort out that festering shitshow.

The 3 points dropped at Old Trafford may well end up being our worst result of the season.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
They'll need more than 10 Hags to sort out that festering shitshow.

The 3 points dropped at Old Trafford may well end up being our worst result of the season.

Luckily, the 0-0 with Norwich has already guaranteed that spot. The 3-0 defeat at home to Burnley was a good effort though, worth a note.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Hope they 'do an Everton' next season and prop up the EPL.

Don't know what I dislike the most about ManUre
-Entitled players
-Entitled fans
-Entitled club attitude
-Yank owners
-Media fawning
-Plastic fans
-Ferguson

Or all of the above jointly.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Luckily, the 0-0 with Norwich has already guaranteed that spot. The 3-0 defeat at home to Burnley was a good effort though, worth a note.

It should be.
The cumulative effect of only having 7 shots on target and not scoring over 180 with Norwich, really ought to be the high water mark.

But Utd really were truly awful that night and since then.

There's every chance we didn't win because we were playing Utd at Old Trafford and no other reason.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Hope they 'do an Everton' next season and prop up the EPL.

Don't know what I dislike the most about ManUre
-Entitled players
-Entitled fans
-Entitled club attitude
-Yank owners
-Media fawning
-Plastic fans
-Ferguson

Or all of the above jointly.

Oh - all of them

For Ten Hag to have any success he needs to clear out most of the current squad - starting with Pogba. It's going to cost at least £1billion to rebuild - and then only if he finds the right players.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I think Man Utd have made an incredible number of mistakes over the last 10 years but nonemoreso really than not having a professional structure behind the scenes. You look at the work done by Dan Ashworth at the Albion and you have to question why on earth Man Utd didn't come in and take him from us. Why they didn't come in and get Paul Barber. Without knowing the structure of their football operation it's impossible to pass fair judgement but it's clear they have got absolutely no idea whatsoever how to run a football club. Recruitment has been extraordinary and not in a positive way. They're going to lose Paul Pogba on a free, for the second time, because they have no sense of purpose or progression.

You look at the way we've brought Moder and now Caicedo into the team, a really measured and considered method of getting players in and being comfortable in the surroundings before being thrust into the team. Compare that with Man Utd who finished at Liverpool with Jesse Lingard, who they haven't wanted for at least 5 years but haven't had a consistent enough approach in the transfer market to ship out and replace. They started the game with Phil Jones at the back, another who has benefitted from the slapdash approach to squad building down the years. The club from a football perspective is an absolute joke right now and they will spend £200-500m in the summer bringing in some top class talent. They'll probably take the careers of those players backwards too.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

So the previous Post-Ferguson incumbents are now managing West Ham, Roma and the Dutch National team. Arguably, they're all a step up from the Ajax position.

I don't blame Ten Hag from wanting to pit his wits against the world's best, week in, week out, i.e. Pep, Klopp, Tuchel, Conte, Potter.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Ten Hag’s appointment has had a mixed reception from the squad, with some players ambivalent and others underwhelmed as they wait to work with the 52-year-old.

Not a great start for Ten Hag

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Ten Hag’s appointment has had a mixed reception from the squad, with some players ambivalent and others underwhelmed as they wait to work with the 52-year-old.

Not a great start for Ten Hag

Well, this bloke is not one they can push around. Either they like and believe in him or they're getting nowhere near the pitch. There will be none of the "well you cost a lot of money so I suppose I have to play you..." stuff.

Could result in quite a bit of turbulence and it will be interesting to see how the club would react to that.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He won’t be given the money or power by the owners for a complete rebuild. They want instagram stars and big names not a successful squad. Amazing that for so long a team with so much money (though largely goes out of football) and a 12th man in black most games, can be this much of a basket case. Long may it continue though!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Will he become the third manager to win United the title.

Hope not

Doubt it

Their current entertainment value is far better than when old red nose was in charge.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Will he become the third manager to win United the title.

Hope not

Doubt it

Their current entertainment value is far better than when old red nose was in charge.

Indeed, wishing for another Man Utd failure. The mirth and merriment they're providing for the rest of us as the moment is unequalled, and I don't want it to stop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here