Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Erasing David - a film about how to disappear completely

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5502516 said:
But that detailed personality profile had been built up by collecting freely available data stored on him, meaning anyone with access to the internet could probably do the same about you.

only if they are hacking into lot of different systems (possible of course). i'll venture they are basing alot on social media and forums, if you stay off those theres only you electrol roll details online.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
i think this sort of thing is rather overplayed. most of those CCTV cameras are the corner shop you pass by and where you are on databases theres little to no cross referencing, even between government departments (there would alot less benefit and tax fraud if there were better links). most those databases will have the same info anyway, name, address, your bill, thats about it. the water company's details for you is not really very usfull if you are hiding on a caravan park in Skegness.

i think this is telling "They had a detailed personality profile that allowed them to predict what I might do". so really isn't this about how prviate detectives operate?

Agree. I would disappear easily enough - I have lived under the radar before and have mates who still do.
Mobile phones kids and bank accounts are easy ways to track people.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Agree. I would disappear easily enough - I have lived under the radar before and have mates who still do.
Mobile phones kids and bank accounts are easy ways to track people.

Out of curiosity, do you deal in cash only? Isn't it hard these days without a bank account? I'd imagine you have to be very organised (I am not!)

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5504314 said:
Out of curiosity, do you deal in cash only? Isn't it hard these days without a bank account? I'd imagine you have to be very organised (I am not!)

I am unsure why an organisation is even needed to handle your finances. I could live without a bank and insist on cash for work - people will still agree to such arrangements. Wouldn't you?
Incidentally I don't do any of it at the moment, but if I wanted to disappear, I would.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here