Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] EPL as 4 Conferences a la NFL

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Obviously too much time on my hands but I have been looking at teams current EPL ranking by Geographical Area:

NORTHERN:
Man City - In reality 2nd
Man Utd - 3rd
Newcastle - 5th
Liverpool - 6th
Dirty Leeds - 17th (hoorah!)
Everton - 18th

MIDLANDS:
Aston Villa - 11th
Notts Forest - 13th
Leicester - 14th
Wolves -15th

As someone who has spent time in the Midlands it is indeed a Sea of Mediocrity...

LONDON:
Arsenal - 1st
Spurs - 4th
Fulham - 7th
Brentford - 9th
Chelsea -10th
Scum -12th :clap:
West Ham - 16th

SOUTHERN:

Albion - 8th
Plucky - 19th
Stains - 20th

Obviously we will need to move to another Conference next season! :lolol:

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No. However I think they should do something along those lines with Rugby Union or perhaps East/West with Rugby League as well. Currently those competitions seem to have a league structure, then after it's finished they make the top four play again to establish the 'official' champions. Always seemed a load of bollocks to me.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Obviously too much time on my hands but I have been looking at teams current EPL ranking by Geographical Area:

NORTHERN:
Man Utd - 3rd
Newcastle - 5th
Liverpool - 6th
Everton - 18th

MIDLANDS:
Aston Villa - 11th
Notts Forest - 13th
Leicester - 14th
Wolves -15th

As anyone who has spent time in the Midlands it is indeed a Sea of Mediocrity...

LONDON:
Arsenal - 1st
Spurs - 4th
Fulham - 7th
Brentford - 9th
Chelsea -10th
West Ham - 16th

SOUTHERN:

Albion - 8th
Plucky - 19th
Stains - 20th

Someone did this on YouTube I believe on Football Manager.

But surely you'd make the conferences at least equal. Like NFL, the conferences don't necessarily make sense either. Fulham and Palace would be moved down to make a 5 team conference. Liverpool would have to drop to the midlands by virtue of a few metres.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Was just a bit of fun while watching the cricket.

Unless they can attract some dirty oil money looks like midlands are mid table forever.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
No. However I think they should do something along those lines with Rugby Union or perhaps East/West with Rugby League as well. Currently those competitions seem to have a league structure, then after it's finished they make the top four play again to establish the 'official' champions. Always seemed a load of bollocks to me.
Rugby Union has long periods where the best players are released to international teams. These are most commonly the Autumn Nations Series spanning 4 weekends in Oct/Nov and the Six Nations which spans 5 playing weekends over a longer time with break weeks. The clubs continue to play during these international windows meaning the very best players will be unavailable for potentially 9 games in a (now) 20 game season.

It would be unfair on the teams who develop the best players to lose them for such long periods if they couldn't get a shot at winning the prize at the end. In reality, the teams who finish in the top 2 spots nearly always win the championship anyway and not undeservedly.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Rugby Union has long periods where the best players are released to international teams. These are most commonly the Autumn Nations Series spanning 4 weekends in Oct/Nov and the Six Nations which spans 5 playing weekends over a longer time with break weeks. The clubs continue to play during these international windows meaning the very best players will be unavailable for potentially 9 games in a (now) 20 game season.

It would be unfair on the teams who develop the best players to lose them for such long periods if they couldn't get a shot at winning the prize at the end. In reality, the teams who finish in the top 2 spots nearly always win the championship anyway and not undeservedly.
Actually that's quite a good reason (and I noticed there's no equivalent of the 'international break' in RU). Thanks!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
What is this EPL? ???

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton

NORTHERN:
Man Utd - 3rd
Newcastle - 5th
Liverpool - 6th
Everton - 18th

MIDLANDS:
Aston Villa - 11th
Notts Forest - 13th
Leicester - 14th
Wolves -15th

As someone who has spent time in the Midlands it is indeed a Sea of Mediocrity...

LONDON:
Arsenal - 1st
Spurs - 4th
Fulham - 7th
Brentford - 9th
Chelsea -10th
West Ham - 16th

SOUTHERN:

Albion - 8th
Plucky - 19th
Stains - 20th

Interesting thought but England is such a small country size wise is it really necessary.
Also you are Todd Boehly and I claim my prize.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Interesting thought but England is such a small country size wise is it really necessary.
Also you are Todd Boehly and I claim my prize.
No of course its not necessary and would never happen unless we had 100% US ownership of the clubs but it is interesting to see that with a couple of outliers (The Toon and Ourselves) it is London and the North West that dominate the league. Not good news for the Midland Conference... :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here