Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England v Italy UEFA Euros qualifier 7.45

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
We can't only start playing from the second half. We also can't start a game with people like Berardi on the pitch. When we started pressing and playing with confidence we had a lot of control and England were squashed back, and we absolutely need that control and that big amount of crosses and chances given that we have a severe scarcity of decent forwards (#9). Don't know why we started so slow, we really gifted England a whole half.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Away win with 10 men

First Euro qualifiers defeat in 41 games for Italy

First time we’ve won there since 1961

Yet the second half is one of the worst performances I can remember us putting in.

No wonder Southgate divides the room.
England didn't play especially well, even in the first half. A piece of poor defending and an unfortunate armball. If it had been 0-0 at half time we wouldn't have said it was a screaming injustice although England were better.

Second half was pants all round.

Average England, somewhat poor Italians.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What the **** were all those yellows about? We weren't even time-wasting.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hardest game of the group out of the way. 3 points. Job done. :clap2:

I know half of Europe qualify now but our Euro 2008 qualifying campaign still haunts me, so tonight is massive.

Huge win for the record-breaking, cheating, one-season wonder and the rest of the team.
I don’t bother posting on England threads on here but read some pathetic comments earlier - didn’t know we had so many Scottish, German and Italian posters.

How can anyone not like Kane:
England Captain
Give his all for his country
Is clearly a genuine decent guy and not arrogant
Married his childhood sweetheart and never see him misbehaving at all
Class act and delighted for him

Sounded fantastic out there tonight - tough second half but they were much better. Win the first game away at the Euro champions with a poor ref who was biased to boot - absolutely great result - first half we were brilliant 👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Jesus Christ, bloody England. It's hard work, isn't it? I wish we didn't need to have this international rubbish, would MUCH rather be watching Brighton. And Kane, despite his many goals (well done, Harry) is an intensely dislikeable, cheating ****.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Maguires neanderthal challenge on the Italian player on the build up to the goal sums it up. Dunk may have done better?
I Blame him for the France goal that put England out of the last World C up as well
Say it as it is, he's shit now. He once was a pretty reliable defender but not anymore. He costs goals, he's got a mistake a game, his positioning is often poor and he's not great with his feet. His pass leading to their goal was woeful, his lunge worse. He's just not the player he once was.

Erik Ten Hag never plays him except cup games, for for all the above. He's just good enough at elite level.
We were comfortable and cruising and in a minute after Maguires mistakes, its 2-1 and we're backs to the wall.

But because we've just won in Italy, Southgate will claim some kind of vindicaton, though we won tonight in spite of Macguire.
There's plenty of better defenders and Ben White is one, though unfortunately pride and loyalty come before form and ability with Southgate.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He's been persuaded into decisions by both teams throughout the game. He's spineless. Other posters have already covered this.

You just can't see past your anti England bias :lol:
Most probably, I missed the first half,

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can you imagine Brighton with such poor composure on the ball in the second half? We were incapable of playing out from the back, so Pickford would just repeatedly hoof it back to the Italians. Italy weren't good enough to capitalise, and a few bits of individual skill from our lot saw us home, but as a team we're incapable of keep-ball under pressure.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I don’t bother posting on England threads on here but read some pathetic comments earlier - didn’t know we had so many Scottish, German and Italian posters.

How can anyone not like Kane:
England Captain
Give his all for his country
Is clearly a genuine decent guy and not arrogant
Married his childhood sweetheart and never see him misbehaving at all
Class act and delighted for him

Sounded fantastic out there tonight - tough second half but they were much better. Win the first game away at the Euro champions - absolutely great result - first half we were brilliant 👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Yeah no.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here