Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England v hungary

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm old enough to remember everything from 86 onwards, but oddly forgot about Venables. He was a good man manager and did will to keep the England team interested prior to Euro 96 despite not having a competitive game for the best part of 3 years. His record of reaching the semi-final in his only tournament still doesn't match up to Southgate's though.

They're not on the same page as managers.

England records are hard to compare. Both in the top 4 ever though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The quizzical squinty eyes and look of complete disdain at most questions more than makes up for it

Yes. His 'are you having an actual effing laugh?' look :lolol:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I'd have more luck trying to teach open heart surgery to Amoebas.

I tried teaching Maths to amoebas, but they couldn't do it.

Every time they tried to multiply, they divided.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
They're not on the same page as managers.

England records are hard to compare. Both in the top 4 ever though.

I am sounding like a Southgate fan but I'm not, however just to make a point, both Venables and Robson had very good seasoned players, with their excellent man management and tactical nous they moulded a good squad of players.
Southgate has a very young but talented squad with a smattering of experience, he is gradually getting there, as the Euros proved but he does make the most bizarre substitutions and, in my opinion, sets us up too defensively, we apparently had our best team out yesterday.
Unfortunately ex defenders who are managers can't help but to think defensively, Lord knows we have been there, but goalscoring managers would have 10 forwards (and a rush goalie) if they could.
Keegan for example, if you score 6 we will score 7.
All managers should be attacking midfielders.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
GS was very clear, that was a poor performance, full stop. I’m sure [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] will concur.

I didn't see the interview - glad at least he was clear it was poor.

And [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION], i meant the dig light-heartedly :)

Sorry chaps I was too busy in block 109 cheering the lads on! Yes seemed very poor but can’t remember the last time we were in a qualifier and we’ve done enough to no dramas - good night tbh :) No need to over-react but this is NSC so this thread gets way more posts than when we thumped them away 4-0 I’m sure!

And yes, it’s not usually my thing, but I most definitely BOOOOOOED their anthem and sang you racist ******** etc - have to make a stand - the knee was given a huge ovation!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here