Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England test squad

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Day of the long knives at Lord's: eight players dropped after the Ashes debacle. Bye bye Anderson and Broad after such long service. No room for Malan, Burns, Billings, Buttler, Bess and Hameed. Brutal.

No room for Tom Haines though. Lees, Parkinson, Fisher and Mahmood join the squad

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Day of the long knives at Lord's: eight players dropped after the Ashes debacle. Bye bye Anderson and Broad after such long service. No room for Malan, Burns, Billings, Buttler, Bess and Hameed. Brutal.

No room for Tom Haines though. Lees, Parkinson, Fisher and Mahmood join the squad

Another stuffing incoming

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I had to look up who ‘Fisher’ was. First time since I was about 8, that England have named a player in a Test squad that I’ve never heard of!

(Obviously it’s happened in T20 and that. They let anyone play those)

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Still the same old counties forming the basis of selection though.

Give some the lads in the less high profile places a go. You never know - they may be quite good….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'd assume/hope he's been given time off as he had his first child during the last Ashes test (and she was six weeks early)

Maybe ... but he's also 35 this summer and after 22 tests has an average of 27. That maybe ok for a young batter finding his feet, but he's scarcely one for the future

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Pleased to see Saqib Mahmood in. He deserves a go and I think he and Robinson is potentially a wonderful attack.
Batting still looks incredibly short.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Anderson and Broad will be back for the home Tests. Not much point in flogging them on those hard pitches in the WI, on English conditions they will still do a job unless a couple of new bowlers really impress.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Maybe ... but he's also 35 this summer and after 22 tests has an average of 27. That maybe ok for a young batter finding his feet, but he's scarcely one for the future

I'd agree with that, but he was also one of the few who looked ok rather than hopeless.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
Apr 5, 2014
No Josh Bohannon ?

I hope they know what they are doing here.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

27? I’d probably take that .

A1X

Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Who’ll bat at 3 do we think? Bairstow??

Root probably but TBH him at 4 is about the only thing working in the batting at the moment. Wouldn’t totally object to Stokes at 3.

Suspect Broad and Anderson will feature this summer. Although my ticket for the Oval starting to feel like it might be a farewell test…

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I had to look up who ‘Fisher’ was. First time since I was about 8, that England have named a player in a Test squad that I’ve never heard of!

(Obviously it’s happened in T20 and that. They let anyone play those)

Stick a few in from Yorkshire ,if we want to make them grovel, was the thinking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here