Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England supporters' views on other home nations?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I still consider myself English and British, that's what my passport says anyway. ROI will always be a 2nd team for me due to family ties.

I also root for all the other home nations, so I don't get the hoping they all lose thing against eastern European countries that I have no interest in.

I guess there is historical reasons for Scotland and Wales to hope England do not do well, as in English invasions and battles in the past.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7623573 said:
Jealousy at their respective over achievement compared to our continuous underachievement?

Perhaps but in Wales case it was more the way they rammed it down our throats.

kjgood

call yourself English....

You have been away too long, your even subliminally spelling Englishman without a capital.

If you do spell Englishman with a capital letter does an alarm go off at work (they do have computers over there don't they?) and they all come round and "guro chi i fyny"

Says he who confuses your and you're. Have a nice day.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I believe that England are by far the best even taking into account the Euros and the rest just make up the numbers but I am not sure of the order of the other 5.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I used to be passionately pro England and passionately anti Scotland and Wales. Have lost complete interest in international football these days and don't really care about any of them anymore.

Always quite liked both Irish sides though.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Confession: whereas once I reflexively 'supported' Wales, Scotland and N. Ireland (and Ireland) in their games, I've now found myself sort of vaguely hoping they'll lose. Not sure why or when this changed - possibly during the years I shared an office with a rabid Welshman and a dour Scot and got every England set-back (football and rugby) rammed down my throat. Any others of the same inclination?

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Attachments

• grammarpolice.jpg
    grammarpolice.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 29

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here