Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England are shit/Southgate is shit/I hope team with an Albion connection does better than England etc etc

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
To stand out comments from the Southgate haters on here so far.

'Iran had a mare, we got lucky'.

'... If we luck out to the semi finals'.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Come on Wales! It might not be the land of OUR fathers, but us BHA fans always support the underdog, it's in the Sussex blood.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
GS1.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So the normal matchday threads should be some kind of echo chamber for English nationalists dressed as Crusaders who feel Gareth Southgate is king and that watching Stones and Maguire pass the ball to each other for 90 minutes is absolutely non-shit?

Good luck :shrug:
Corrected for you.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
So the normal matchday threads should be some kind of echo chamber for English nationalists who feel Gareth Southgate is king and that watching Stones and Maguire pass the ball to each other for 90 minutes is absolutely non-shit?

Good luck :shrug:
No. None of that. They just need to leave out the repetitive, boring unimaginative* comments that they make at any and every opportunity. Sometimes if you've got nothing positive, or constructive, to say then don't say anything. Or if you must, post it in this thread.

*I am aware that that could quite aptly describe any number of England performances. At any number of tournaments. Under any number of different managers.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No. None of that. They just need to leave out the repetitive, boring unimaginative* comments that they make at any and every opportunity. Sometimes if you've got nothing positive, or constructive, to say then don't say anything. Or if you must, post it in this thread.

*I am aware that that could quite aptly describe any number of England performances. At any number of tournaments. Under any number of different managers.
If England play against Wales like they did against USA... there won't be a lot of positive comments. And people will say something rather than "not anything"... don't think this thread will prevent that from happening tbh.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea

So people should stop posting the truth?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If England play against Wales like they did against USA... there won't be a lot of positive comments. And people will say something rather than "not anything"... don't think this thread will prevent that from happening tbh.
No, nor do I! But sometimes in the face of overwhelming odds all you can do is try.

Criticising the performance, highlighting where England went wrong is fine. I'm just bored sick of all the people putting the boot in at the first opportunity and using it to repeat their dull preconceived bollocks. That's what I hope this thread can be used for.

IMO there's too much joy and eagerness to stick the knife in. We all know Southgate has a slightly strange selection policy and tactically isn't the greatest but he's what we've got and if all anyone wants to do is slag him off and give him/England no respect they can do it here.

But like you say...it's a long shot that this thread will work!

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Feel free to post all of the above and any other dull moans you have here.

That way you can leave the England threads to people who actually care about England and want them to do well. Even if they don't. Like in every other tournament bar one that we've ever played in...

Fill your boots lads.
Wish we could have had a thread like this when Potter was getting pelters, although anyone with a brain could see he was the trying to change the style to something better. Sadly Southgate is League One, Championship at best as a football manager and is wasting a very talented pool of players with his moronic non tactics, the last game was like watching Potterball/De Zerbi ball from someone who didn’t really understand how it’s played, so the players obviously didn’t either.

Oh well, live in hope we don’t meet a decent side until very late in the tournament because I absolutely guarantee we’ll lose as soon as we do

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm not hopeful of enlightenment. I don't even understand what you've written.
Ha, I thought I had deleted that. I'm not sure what's going on with the multi quote. I quoted you, wrote the reply, read it, thought it was a bit unnecessary and deleted it before posting a reply to swansman. Not sure how it's popped up.

Anyway, what I mean in simpler terms is: there are plenty of reasons why people slag off England/Southgate. Hopefully they'll all be posted here in some form or other and they'll become clear to you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We all know Southgate has a slightly strange selection policy and tactically isn't the greatest but he's what we've got
Maybe questioning this, instead of blindly accepting it, could lead to better things?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Wish we could have had a thread like this when Potter was getting pelters, although anyone with a brain could see he was the trying to change the style to something better. Sadly Southgate is League One, Championship at best as a football manager and is wasting a very talented pool of players with his moronic non tactics, the last game was like watching Potterball/De Zerbi ball from someone who didn’t really understand how it’s played, so the players obviously didn’t either.

Oh well, live in hope we don’t meet a decent side until very late in the tournament because I absolutely guarantee we’ll lose as soon as we do
Was that not your weekly Potter in/out threads?:lolol:
Maybe questioning this, instead of blindly accepting it, could lead to better things?
I think you might be:

A) Overestimating the power of NSC

B)Being generous to the 'Southgate's a palace prick' trope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here