Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England are shit/Southgate is shit/I hope team with an Albion connection does better than England etc etc

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
My question is, why is Harry Kane always tired?!

It appears it doesn’t matter if it’s June, July or November but the over-rated, intensely unlikeable cheat who is supposedly at his peak as a 29 year old professional sportsman, is perpetually unfit.
I agree it's strange isn't it . . .maybe he burnt himself out in his wrestling career, certainly good at acting.

Attachments

• 80ECBA32-40BF-42E0-96E0-512BECF4309D.jpeg
    80ECBA32-40BF-42E0-96E0-512BECF4309D.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 22

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well you say that, but straight after a long hard season what happened next ? We're launched into a tedious Nations League tournament over the first 2 weeks of June (4 games, of which Kane starts 3) then another couple of games squeezed in during September (starts both). Then there's the extra-packed schedule of the PL to get as much in before it all grinds to a mid-season halt.

He's not the only player in that situation, but he is the focal point of the England team. Its not just the games either - its the lack of downtime in between from constantly playing, constantly training. Yeah boo-hoo and all that, but its not difficult to see how some players are already approaching the red zone when they basically start or take part in every game for club and country.
Well you say that, but straight after a long hard season what happened next ? We're launched into a tedious Nations League tournament over the first 2 weeks of June (4 games, of which Kane starts 3) then another couple of games squeezed in during September (starts both). Then there's the extra-packed schedule of the PL to get as much in before it all grinds to a mid-season halt.

He's not the only player in that situation, but he is the focal point of the England team. Its not just the games either - its the lack of downtime in between from constantly playing, constantly training. Yeah boo-hoo and all that, but its not difficult to see how some players are already approaching the red zone when they basically start or take part in every game for club and country.
This is nothing new though. This story is routinely rolled out when England players don’t perform. They’re tired, too many games etc. I remember one tournament there was an article in a paper which showed how many games other top nations players had played and it was consistent with England. I bet you could do the same this tournament.

Let’s wait and see who wins and then compare the number of games between their leading players and England players. I bet it will be similar.

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
We could still win it,you never know
But if we do,it will be in a Greece sort of way
Whereas France or Spain will win it playing with great aplomb

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
There's very little to be proud of about my country of birth in 2022. Bollocks to the national team. Literally can't be bothered.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Is it "not supporting England" to say Southgate is holding the current crop of English talent back?

Just so I understand the point of the thread.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Let’s face it, any England manager will be considered not good enough until we win a trophy. Unfortunately, there are only two on offer and each comes round only once every four years, and other rather good collections of players also want to win them. Quite how Southgate has got a mediocre* England squad so close is amazing when you think that his only previous senior managerial experience ended in relegation and the sack at Middlesbrough.

* oh yes they are.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I will comment on England, whether negative or positive on whatever thread I choose to. Last time I looked this board was not run by the Communist Chinese

I think the comments about England, whether positive or negative, can be omitted from the "What book are you currently reading" thread. Unless, of course, you are reading a book about how shite the England football team is in 2022.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I’ve really taken very little interest in the tournament so far. I’ve only just looked ahead and seen there’s a reasonable chance of England meeting Ecuador in the last 16.

Interesting. Makes me realise just how much my football affiliation is to Brighton first and England second. Find myself thinking I might be cheering on Ecuador if that happens. I know the players had no hand in the ESL plan but they almost all represent clubs that hoped to join it. I just don’t feel they represent me. Obviously the Ecuadorean players don’t represent me either but hey… they’ve got Seagulls!

I guess it would be a win-win situation, with the winner carrying my hopes into the quarters.

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Let’s face it, any England manager will be considered not good enough until we win a trophy. Unfortunately, there are only two on offer and each comes round only once every four years, and other rather good collections of players also want to win them. Quite how Southgate has got a mediocre* England squad so close is amazing when you think that his only previous senior managerial experience ended in relegation and the sack at Middlesbrough.

* oh yes they are.
What about that Nations League thing-y? ;)

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
What about that Nations League thing-y? ;)
Blimey, that is almost as insignificant a blip on my radar as it is on most players' and managers'. I'm not even sure how you win it! But I suppose it does count, very much as the Full Members Cup does for Palace or the Jewish Chronicle Trophy for us.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wish I'd binned off that half in favour of Chesney Hawkes.

Reactions: A1X

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
After like a year of discussing who would replace the useless Gareth Southgate, who'd surely be sacked following the World Cup, there now seems to be a wide agreement - after beating WALES and IRAN in the group stages - that he should now be referred to as Sir Lord Gareth Southgate.

Opinions change quickly in this game..

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
After like a year of discussing who would replace the useless Gareth Southgate, who'd surely be sacked following the World Cup, there now seems to be a wide agreement - after beating WALES and IRAN in the group stages - that he should now be referred to as Sir Lord Gareth Southgate.

Opinions change quickly in this game..
Not by me. Bloke is still an arse and only picked a decent side because of the media pressure.

You watch. Senegal we're back to a negative squad and defensive playing, we draw 1-1 and scrape thru on penalties so he continues to be lauded.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Not by me. Bloke is still an arse and only picked a decent side because of the media pressure.

You watch. Senegal we're back to a negative squad and defensive playing, we draw 1-1 and scrape thru on penalties so he continues to be lauded.
??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here