Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Emma in the final - official thread

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Nobody has any choice as to the location of their birth.

It’s what you do with your life that matters.

Quite, my daughter was born in High Wycombe, I am from Brighton her dad is from Scotland and we moved to Reading when she was three and grew up there. Ask her where she is from and she will say “Reading” she has no recollection of her time in High Wycombe. I know it is not the same as National identity but Emma moved here when she was two and grew up here and identifies as British that is her right, and I am bloody please she does, what a fantastic roll model she is.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Quite, my daughter was born in High Wycombe, I am from Brighton her dad is from Scotland and we moved to Reading when she was three and grew up there. Ask her where she is from and she will say “Reading” she has no recollection of her time in High Wycombe. I know it is not the same as National identity but Emma moved here when she was two and grew up here and identifies as British that is her right, and I am bloody please she does, what a fantastic roll model she is.

I have a similar situation with my two offspring. My son was born in Shoreham at Southlands, but because his Dad was coming out of the forces, six weeks later, we moved up north.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'd drive the **** to Heathrow free of charge.

Although I would too, I would never question his Englishness. A Turkish ancestor, born in the USA, decides to make blighty his home and put in a great deal of effort to massage his ego and cock, he may be a **** but he's our ****. ??? :wink:

And Emma is our star.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I prefer It's Johnny's Birthday.

Having said that, I've had bouts of diarrhea that were more enjoyable than Congratulations.

I might have taken this further from the topic than I intended :lolol:

Just stay well away fron Big Bertha ???

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Although I would too, I would never question his Englishness. A Turkish ancestor, born in the USA, decides to make blighty his home and put in a great deal of effort to massage his ego and cock, he may be a **** but he's our ****. ??? :wink:

And Emma is our star.

Fair enough Harry. By the way, there are rumours of an open top bus ride through Orpington (my home) by Emma at some
point. Went to school here and trained at Bromley tennis centre which the media seem to have decided is in Bromley. It is,
but not Bromley the f*****g town. Bromley the borough.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
The biggest challenge facing British Tennis to make the most of this is the same challenge cricket continues to face - making the game properly accessible to kids outside of private clubs and private schools.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My Cliff knowledge isn't good enough to join in on this. I've never been so disappointed to not be able to remember the names of Cliff Richard songs

You'll just have to take part From A Distance.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

franks brother

emma.jpg
next future motogp champion, she was always going to excel at sport. She just didn't know which one yet!:rave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here