Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Electrics help please - lighting circuit, circuit breaker

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Hi All,

Our lighting circuit break on our electrical box tripped this afternoon (of course immediately before the Bank Holiday weekend).

The switch won't stay up if you try to reset it. I've made sure all the lights are switched off around the house but no luck. I've got our (excellent) electrician booked in for Tuesday but wondered if there is anything else I could try before that?

Thanks!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
This job has an estimated duration of between 4 and 6 minutes.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
could be a knackered bulb, remove one by one to find the faulty one (even though turn off... you'll feel like you've tried something). or, could be something wired wrongly into the light circuit, look for anything not on that should be.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
could be a knackered bulb, remove one by one to find the faulty one (even though turn off... you'll feel like you've tried something). or, could be something wired wrongly into the light circuit, look for anything not on that should be.

Have tried this but no luck.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
To many variables on lighting circuits without test equipment, if you have bathroom fans and hopefully they have isolator switches try turning them off as also connected to the lighting circuit.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Have you tried turning some of the thingamajig’s?

A949EBFE-9E70-4FD3-9E10-00AED367E0EF.png

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Have tried this but no luck.
Try a similar approach with the switches, one by one. I had one that welded itself shut. Might not be the problem but it was in my case. The bulb was still ok remarkably. Good luck.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here