Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Eddie Izzard

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Jesus, must be exhausting being trans when anything you do can be met by someone just popping up to do some drive-by bigotry completely unrelated to the discussion.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
As a teacher, I'd say this is bollocks.
Funnily enough I'm speaking from broad experience although 'as a teacher' it has probably passed you by. You'll hear it when they appear on quiz shows 'as a teacher I should know that', phone ins on the radio and frequently in day to day dealings with people. Listen out now I've pointed it out. It has amused my family for years.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Do you think all MP’s are from their constituency and support the local team?

Personally, I don’t care where they’re from, what team they support, or what they like to dress in. I just want them to be a good MP.
no i certainly don't and that is a massive problem in my opinion.....members representing areas that they are not from is not sound practice surely.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
I'm informed by someone apparently ITK that Izzard is a major donor to the Labour Party, believes s/he has a right to be selected as a candidate somewhere, has tried and failed before to get a nomination, has now bought a £1m+ house in Ditchling Road and announced s/he wants to be the candidate for Brighton Pavilion as one of the few winnable seats in the SE without a sitting Labour MP. It all leaves the local and regional parties with a bit of a selection headache.
The £1m house in Ditchling Road claim isn't true, and it is very common for aspiring MPs to campaign in different constituencies until they get elected (or don't). Selecting the appropriate local candidate is always difficult.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Rather good for those interested…

IMG_3338.jpeg

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Izzard did some pieces on R4 about 4 years, one was a childhood bio .... so interesting. It reminded me of the Nigel Slater story and then TV adaption.
Didn’t know much about her political stuff and not generally that keen on her brand of humour but his radio stuff and interviews etc are very interesting.

She seems like a force for good.

It is “her”?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
It is “her”?

That is probably up to you, surely?

Eddie seems like a decent sort, generally, and I don't think the fact that he is a transvestite should be that important when it comes to matters of policy. That is what he should be judged on if he does become a candidate.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Didn’t know much about her political stuff and not generally that keen on her brand of humour but his radio stuff and interviews etc are very interesting.

It is “her”?

Not my comedy either, but a talented writer.

I'll leave the pronoun for those who focus on that.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer

It is “her”?
I quoted an article above where she says she doesn't mind, and you can't really get it wrong...

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
That is probably up to you, surely?

Eddie seems like a decent sort, generally, and I don't think the fact that he is a transvestite should be that important when it comes to matters of policy. That is what he should be judged on if he does become a candidate.
💯

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patreon
Oct 20, 2022
I pray the Greens win again, the overriding reason for me is what a brilliant thing that in a FPTP system there’s a Green MP. And here.

Talking of arrogance, I’ve some funny anecdotes about Fanshawe from his time on local economic forums. As a result, he was generally thought of as a complete xxxx.
Yes, knew him since the 80s (well not ‘known’ as in good friends but part of the Zap Club/Performing Arts/music crowd I worked and hung round with from the early to late 80s - never really warmed to him tbh - in those days anyone that had a bit of national success and lived in Brighton tended to become very ‘Brighton cliquey’ too - Eddie was part of that very early circle having started out at the Zap Club - but definitely not boring and were very good friends mostly - unfortunately so many mates from that era never made it out of the 80s but died due to suicide and substance misuse (or Aids 🙁).

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Eddie grew up in Bexhill, went to school in Eastbourne - so good Sussex roots if that’s what bothers you.
To be fair, Eddie was born in Aden, moved to Northern Ireland when he was one, moved to Wales when he was five, and to Sussex when he was seven. I’d say her roots are spread far wider than just Sussex, and I think it is part of what makes her such an interesting comedian, she’d be a good MP for you in my opinion.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here