Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Easter get away. Why bother ?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Sure we all like a break,but both myself and Mrs LBG have never got this. Any form form transport is a Non-runner and that includes the car. Why do it ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I had a lovely cycle this afternoon around the lanes near Faversham. Car? Pah!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sure we all like a break,but both myself and Mrs LBG have never got this. Any form form transport is a Non-runner and that includes the car. Why do it ?

?? I’m already two flights in this Easter with no issues. Why do it? Barcelona for a few days to hang out with a friend in nice surroundings and now London to see an exhibition, eat and meet friends and brother to watch the Albion. Why not?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I had a lovely cycle this afternoon around the lanes near Faversham. Car? Pah!

After this morning's drama (see GQT) we had a nice cycling promenade, although sadly not on The Strat (see geeks), a pleasant lunch with a pint of Estrella (see Curcurella) :lol:

All very agreeable and should, quite nicely, see me through to the end of civilization.

theboybilly

I used to love the Easter period for attending football. 3 matches in 4 days with whoever you played on Good Friday you played in the return fixture on Bank Holiday Monday. (Similarly the opposition for the first midweek fixture was the opposition in the the next midweek fixture - Match days 2 & 4 as it were)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I used to love the Easter period for attending football. 3 matches in 4 days with whoever you played on Good Friday you played in the return fixture on Bank Holiday Monday. (Similarly the opposition for the first midweek fixture was the opposition in the the next midweek fixture - Match days 2 & 4 as it were)

When you dub yourself 'Theboy', you're being ironic, right? ???

:wink:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The climate?

For Barcelona, there's a very reasonable average temperature of 17°C which can increase to 21°C on a good day. The sea finally starts to heat up in April and is warm enough for a swim with an average high of 14°C. You can expect light to moderate rainfall with a 28mm spread over 10 days of the month. Mild humidity levels make the weather more enjoyable, with an average level of 54%.

London's probably not that different to Brighton.

:wink:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Yes - it always used to feel as though the crush of games at Easter would define your season in a short space of time - sorting out a lot of promotion / relegation likelihoods.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Coming home from work last night was like a Friday.
The usual meatheads driving about in shite cars and those pesky delivery scooters, not giving a toss about anyone else.
Spent the day up our allotment, planting seeds, relaxing and talking.
No phones etc....
Not going anywhere this weekend, as all roads around here get clogged up constantly.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Objective met, BBC1 Weekdays 17:15

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I went to Chichester late this morning. 25 minute wait at the lights before Arundel with so many impatient wankers driving up the inside lane and cutting in aggressively slowing the flow of traffic. That’ll do for Easter driving for me :smile:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Drove to Basingstoke and back from Burgess Hill this afternoon. Traffic was extremely light,no hold-ups anywhere. Not what I as expecting at all :shrug:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If one has the time off and fancies a change of scenery and meeting friends, what’s to grumble about?

It’s more annoying staying put I think. Pubs, buses and beachfronts packed with amateurs and out of towners. Much better to go and be an out of towner yourself.

Far better to be the annoying than the annoyed ;-)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its remarkable how the news seemlessly shifts from cost of living crisis to holiday weekend travel chaos.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here