Votes: 1 1.8%
  • It should be called 'DEADENDERS'

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • I like Corrie better..

Votes: 4 7.0%

• Total voters

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I stopped watching after Psychobilly David Scarboro took his own life at beachy head in 1988, hate the sun newspaper, they spread awful gossip about him, calling him mental, odd and a tearaway. So glad mental health issues are taken seriously now.
R.I.P David

Mark_Fowler_(David_Scarboro).jpg
fake.jpg

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Selling the set not the programme

To the government the Beeb is just another public service, starve it of funds and run it into the ground.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Selling the set not the programme

To the government the Beeb is just another public service, starve it of funds and run it into the ground.
Well, long story short.... Murdoch does not like the free unbiased news that the BBC pumps out, his Tory minions are constantly looking for ways to undermine and isolate the BBC and cut its funding and making jump through hoops. I believe the BBC are not allowed to increase their annual TV Licence Fee by more than a couple of percent and the Tory imposed Director General has orders to cut costs, streamline, make more efficient etc etc.. I think I'm right in saying that Newsnight was drastically scaled down in order to save cash and now its the sale/ leaseback of the Eastenders set. Expect more savings in the form of outsourcing programming in the imminent future. The BBC is a fantastic source of news, sport current affairs and educational programming and we will miss it when its gone.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I’ve been watching it since the beginning.

Have to say until the start of 2023 it was becoming a real chore but since then the story lines have got better, some likeable characters have been developed and I quite enjoy it.

I’m also enjoying the return of Neighbours by the way.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It’s the most depressing programme on TV. Horrible storylines, horrible people who appear to do horrible things with little or no consequences. Ideal fuel for impressionable people.
All soaps are. In the early 60s when that dreary theme tune began for Coronation Street it was a race to see which of the adults in the house could change the channel first. I caught snippets later when curiosity took hold. Very dull working class people and very dull brash business type spivs, being dull. Later it became very dull working class people and very dull brash business type spivs, being ****ish. Then the soaps expanded with Crossroads, which I watched after school because I fancied Miss Dianne, and though the rickety sets were funny. Later as a teenager I spent time with a young lady of working class background who was addicted to the soaps, and discussed what they thought X or Y was 'up to' or would do, with her aunt. Like it was real life. Then I read somewhere that a sizeable percentage of people who watched Corrie in the 70s did actually think it was real. Anyway, nothing tops Triangle. The most ill-judged soap ever, till that other mad one set in Spain that I never saw. Soap isn't drama, it's filth. Fact.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It’s the most depressing programme on TV. Horrible storylines, horrible people who appear to do horrible things with little or no consequences. Ideal fuel for impressionable people.
But, Bianca's coming back ? ( again)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here