Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Ear Worm Removal

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
I was at the game yesterday and I've been earnestly attempting to expunge the memory from my conscious brain
BUT I have been singing that hi ho silver lining song villa play as they come out in my bloody head all last night and this morning. I even woke up in the middle of the night with it playing in my head. Can anyone help me before I go insane probably by lunchtime.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Been told repeatedly singing the national anthem works.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Try singing something else out loud (without frightening the neighbours), until it goes.
You’ll then have a new ear worm, but, at least, it won’t be that one.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
try chewing gum.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Sing Billy Gilmour, Billy Gilmour, Billy Gilmour, Billy Gilmour dun derrun derrun derrun derrun derrrah repeatedly until that gets stuck in your ear instead.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
The more I think about it, it seems to be associated with spankings (in a football sense:)). The last ear worm I had was that high pitched wooo ..eeverton after last seasons debacle. That took days to go. Maybe a syringe and sulphuric acid might help.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I was at the game yesterday and I've been earnestly attempting to expunge the memory from my conscious brain
BUT I have been singing that hi ho silver lining song villa play as they come out in my bloody head all last night and this morning. I even woke up in the middle of the night with it playing in my head. Can anyone help me before I go insane probably by lunchtime.

This should help.

"8-1 loss

Chelsea's biggest away defeat is by six goals. It's happened three times in history - an 8-1 loss to Wolverhampton Wanderers during the 1953/1954 season, and 7-0 defeats to Leeds United (1967/68) and Nottingham Forest (1990/91)."

It's the kind of loss that gives you the Blues and makes you Wander.

Last edited:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
You're lucky, last one I had was by the Dave Clark Five!
I tell you, I was glad all over when it finally went away:moo:

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
The more I think about it, it seems to be associated with spankings (in a football sense:)). The last ear worm I had was that high pitched wooo ..eeverton after last seasons debacle. That took days to go. Maybe a syringe and sulphuric acid might help.
I had Black Eyed Peas’ “I gotta feeling” stuck in my head for weeks after the 7-1 defeat at Huddersfield. I still have a severe dislike of the song to this day.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sing a few stanzas of chirpy-chirpy cheep-cheep. That will cure you. Albeit with an ear slug instead of a worm.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Three drops of olive oil in the ear a day for 4 days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here