Dunk was immense tonight..

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

storer

Nov 28, 2010
the same greer who saved a certain goal in the first half?
The same greer who saved a certain goal on saturday?

It's no co-incidence that our defence bulked at wolves and on saturday with dunk in the team. Sloppy on the ball, far too often unreliable. A decent back up with potential - nothing more, nothing less.

Greer and el-abd, all the way. The greer bashing is tedious.

the best post iv seen on here in a while. Why are people on here constantly trying to think/prove gus' selections wrong. Greer is our captain, leader and a superb organiser off the ball.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
you mean organinsing the best defensive record in the league, isnt that what a skipper does.... keep shouting and organising in my opinion GG.

It's not his organising I'm questioning. At one point yesterday he appeared to jump up and down having a bit of a tantrum. I wish he wouldn't do that.

But for me, Greer and El Abd with Bridge and Bruno, Bridcutt in front - the back five isn't even open to question.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Greer was back to his best last night in my opinion. Either Dunk or Adam with him. Not bothered, if its gonna be physical like it will be Saturday, then I prefer Adam to be up against Murray and let him know he is there.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Because Bridge is injured?

Having faced some of the best wingers in the world, a fully fit Bridge would comfortably know how to deal with Zaha,

Which is why I wondered why Little Al hoped that he would be back for Saturday. He won't play unless he's fit, so why would a Palace fan hope that he plays? Does Little Al think that Zaha would get the better of Bridge? Because if he thinks that I think he's seriously deluded.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Which is why I wondered why Little Al hoped that he would be back for Saturday. He won't play unless he's fit, so why would a Palace fan hope that he plays? Does Little Al think that Zaha would get the better of Bridge? Because if he thinks that I think he's seriously deluded.

No, I think he jokingly means he hopes an injured Bridge would play. You see, Zaha would then...

Nothing.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
The same Greer who saved a certain goal in the first half?
The same Greer who saved a certain goal on Saturday?

It's no co-incidence that our defence bulked at Wolves and on Saturday with Dunk in the team. Sloppy on the ball, far too often unreliable. A decent back up with potential - nothing more, nothing less.

Greer and El-Abd, all the way. The Greer bashing is tedious.

Agree with this 100%

I'm very nervous when Dunk has the ball at his feet as he doesn't seem to know what to do with it. Tackling decisions wrong on occasions too - we would have been in real trouble had Wolves not scored after his tackle in the build up the other week as that could easily have earned him a red. Then we would have had a real problem with him banned and AEA injured.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
No, I think he jokingly means he hopes an injured Bridge would play. You see, Zaha would then...

Nothing.

Yeah, I thought of that and guessed that you meant that in your previous post. But I wanted to know if this really was his intention, or if it's that Palace fans don't rate Bridge. It was why my question to Little Al was quite open...

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
you mean organinsing the best defensive record in the league, isnt that what a skipper does.... keep shouting and organising in my opinion GG.

That's my issue with him though. He's very quiet when the balls in play, never seems to be telling people what to do. As soon as the danger's gone or the balls in the net he's shouting at everyone, that's not captaincy. There was a moment last night when he, Dunk and Kuzcack were all going for a slow bouncing ball with one striker near them and none of them said a word

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Then u must hav missed Greer encouraging the team several times to push up in the last ten minutes last night .. Re the incident with him Kushy and Dunk ..well the goalie has a voice on him too don't u think ?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Then u must hav missed Greer encouraging the team several times to push up in the last ten minutes last night .. Re the incident with him Kushy and Dunk ..well the goalie has a voice on him too don't u think ?

If that's at me then of course he does, that's why I said none of them said a word.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports