Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk v Wilson

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Yep, Sanchez would have claimed that if the whistle hadn’t gone, he made zero effort as he had stopped. Not convinced the whistle should have been blown though
It was definitely a free kick for high boot, Dunk's head was close enough. Also Wilson's shot was scuffed. I would have expected Sanchez to save it if he had tried, but he had clearly stopped playing. Refs will always blow up in those situations as he did when Ali Mac had his foot about half as high and the defender ducked down to head it

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Did they shake hands at the end, seemed to be some hatred there, all be it professionally.

Wilson is a great number 9 thankfully our number 5 is just as good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thought it eas a good battle, but Dunk definitely won the battle. But Wilson was quite petulant all game, and I thought Veltman also managed to wind him up a few times.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Thought it eas a good battle, but Dunk definitely won the battle. But Wilson was quite petulant all game, and I thought Veltman also managed to wind him up a few times.

Veltman is such an intelligent and clever player. Low key shithouser too

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Wilson is a proven Prem striker with nouse. Dunk had an arm wrestle with him all match but came out on top. Further evidence Dunk should be in the England squad. I wouldn't swap him for any other English CB right now.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
This. Completely owned by Dunk.

Yep, totally. It wasn’t really a battle as it was so one sided.

Was funny watching Wilson get more and more pissed off as the game went on. Thought he was heading for a potential red.

Can someone tell me again why Dunk only has one England cap?! Is there currently a better English centre back? Tomori possibly the only one I can think of.

Southgate would do far worse than go to the world cup with an entirely Brighton/ex Brighton list of centre backs in his squad - Dunk, Webster, White, Burn, Tomori.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
The way i saw it was Wilson giving Dunk an increasingly more physical battle as the game wore on and Dunk having an answer for everything (without necessarily dominating him). The same was happening all over the pitch. They were trying to bully us out of playing our game. Didn’t work, and just our shooting stopped us from getting 3 points.

God knows what Southgate thinks of Dunk if Maguire, Mings and Guehi are ahead of him for an place on the left side of the England back two.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It was a cracking battle, with no quarter given on either side,
At no point did Dunk have him "in his pocket", but he clearly won the overall battle.

Great to watch. Top quality centre back play from the master.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Yep, Sanchez would have claimed that if the whistle hadn’t gone, he made zero effort as he had stopped. Not convinced the whistle should have been blown though

I agree. It was a ooor decision although probably automatic - still wouldn’t have scored had the whistle not blown so Toon protestations are nonsensical

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Was funny watching Wilson get more and more pissed off as the game went on. Thought he was heading for a potential red.

Can someone tell me again why Dunk only has one England cap?! Is there currently a better English centre back? Tomori possibly the only one I can think of.

Southgate would do far worse than go to the world cup with an entirely Brighton/ex Brighton list of centre backs in his squad - Dunk, Webster, White, Burn, Tomori.

Wilson got off lightly.

By ignoring him, also Southgate is doing (IMO), is embarrassing himself.

Mings, Maguire, Coady, Stones over Dunk (I also think Tarkowski and Mee are unlucky as well), just laughable.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Wilson has had plenty of joy against us in the past but not yesterday.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Watch Tarkowski start to get England caps again now he’s joined MASSIVE Everton. That would be typical Southgate.

Dunk was immense yesterday in every facet. Wilson got no change, so he resorted to trying to strong-arm Dunk …. failing at that too.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Dunk had another great game yesterday and the rest of the defence was solid too. Thought their Dutch defender Botman had a good game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here