Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk puts focus on reaching Premier after signing new deal [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
LEWIS DUNK has spoken of his Premier League ambitions with Albion after agreeing another new deal.
The Seagulls’ highly-rated centre-back has signed a five-year contract taking him through until 2021.
His revised terms come little more than a year after he committed to a five-year deal with the Seagulls as Fulham tried to sign him.
Dunk was believed to be subject of £5million bid from Crystal Palace this June and Premier League interest is likely to continue if he maintains his excellent early-season form.
The Brighton-born 24-year-old said: “I have been at this club for many years and come through the youth ranks, so to reach the Premier League with Brighton would be extra special for me considering how far I have come personally.
“Having started at Withdean, sometimes you have to double take when you realise where we are now, but we are in a fantastic position to make the next step.
“Of course it is nice to hear other clubs are interested because it means you are doing something right.
“But Brighton have supported me throughout the years both on and off the field so it wasn’t a hard decision to commit my long-term future.”
Albion knocked back bids for Dunk, Anthony Knockaert and Dale Stephens during the summer transfer window, as well as deciding not to allow Kazenga LuaLua out on loan.
They are determined to make up for last term’s end-of-season despair when they narrowly missed out on promotion.
Dunk said: “Last year left a bitter taste in the mouth so I am more determined than ever to make sure we are the ones celebrating next May.
“Now the window is closed, my new deal is signed and we have kept the core of last year’s squad together, we can get back to business, starting with what we hope will be another important three points this Saturday.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here