Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Duffy and Celtic's latest embarassment

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
memories.PNG.jpg

Hopefully SD will see the funny of this :)

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news...shane-duffy-banner-outside-parkhead-close-55/

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Slightly amended but nearer the truth?

Yes, he's contracted until 2023 so imagine the fee will be large enough to recoup at least what we paid for him.

Imagine he'll come in to that Forest side to either partner or replace Worrall. I'm sure for whatever fee they pay they will feel ripped off as his performances for his previous club were awful followed by him being brilliant under CH and loved by all in the end (happened before somewhere)…

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Shane's nightmare in Scotland hasn't made him a bad player. He was just being asked to play in a team that exposed his weaknesses and nullified his strengths. Had he gone to West Ham, he would have done the role that Craig Dawson has done so well this year. It would have suited him perfectly and there would have been a meltdown on here because we sold him.

He would still be ideal for any Premier League team that plays with a low narrow block. I would guess that circumstances mean that we won't get what we think he is worth at the end of this season, so he may need to restore his reputation with the right loan move. If we both stay up, and if we would let him go to a rival, I think that he will be more likely to rejoin Dale at Burnley than Chris at Forest. Dyche doesn't seem to be getting the financial support that he would have liked from the takeover, and may need to finally sell Tarkowski to re-strengthen. If he does, he is canny enough to see that a move for Duffy at this moment, could be ideal for both of them.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Shane's nightmare in Scotland hasn't made him a bad player. He was just being asked to play in a team that exposed his weaknesses and nullified his strengths. Had he gone to West Ham, he would have done the role that Craig Dawson has done so well this year. It would have suited him perfectly and there would have been a meltdown on here because we sold him.

He would still be ideal for any Premier League team that plays with a low narrow block. I would guess that circumstances mean that we won't get what we think he is worth at the end of this season, so he may need to restore his reputation with the right loan move. If we both stay up, and if we would let him go to a rival, I think that he will be more likely to rejoin Dale at Burnley than Chris at Forest. Dyche doesn't seem to be getting the financial support that he would have liked from the takeover, and may need to finally sell Tarkowski to re-strengthen. If he does, he is canny enough to see that a move for Duffy at this moment, could be ideal for both of them.

100% agree.

Shane could absolutely still do a job for a Newcastle, Burnley, Brom (if they stay up) and others.

I think he was unfortunate to join Celtic at poor time, and was mismanaged to a degree. Then once the fans get on your back it’s hard to recover. Not winning the league doesn’t help matters. We all know he’s better than that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here