NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A ten year old with a drone? That will go well :facepalm:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Tello Drone is pretty good for the price and allows control from a smartphone. There are also apps which allow for the use of Scratch programming which will teach him basic programming skills if he's into that. I think the camera is 720 in resolution so not too shabby and from recollection it sells for around £100. It's useless for outside unless there's no wind as its designed for indoor (large room or hall) flying. I've found the camera a little bit sketchy as it is hit and miss in operation.

We use them at the school I teach in, the kids love them but they cause us problems in terms of connection to our wifi. Things should be simpler on a home system. There is no need for a license as it is quite small,

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Of course

Just reading the rules…… it’s a bit complicated for a toy !!

If there are so many rules why are they sold so freely on Amazon and in Currys etc?

Same as electric scooters, not illegal to sell but illegal to use but they don't care its all in the profit

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In seriousness [MENTION=750]swindonseagull[/MENTION], I think Bozza started a thread on drones about a year ago. I expect a search will find it :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here