Votes: 83 55.3%
  • Yes please

Votes: 67 44.7%

• Total voters

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Despite a 35 year ban on drinking alcohol in view of the pitch it may be possible under new thinking to avoid concourse congestion as the season re-starts. Now I'm all in favour of a seated pint but can you imagine the binfest if it's not table (seat) service in the 1901!

No, not for me, l love a drink as much as the next person, but l can manage 45 minutes without one. Particularly at football when l'm far more interested in watching what goes on on the oitch anyway.

Cricket for instance is a whole differtent scenario though, in fact l don't think l'd want to go, unless l could imbibe during the game.

Brighton Rocker

Jul 16, 2011
TN 21
I remember having a pint in the stands at Filbert Street back in the late 70s but, in those days you had to watch out for a fist to be thrown. Nobody wasted beer throwing it around in celebration.
Perhaps we could have a singing section, a standing section, a drinking section and a separate section for old farts who spoil everyone else’s enjoyment.
And a (large) section for those who don’t appreciate Dale Stephens of course 🤣

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If it is allowing you to take a pint back to your seat at the beginning or at half time then maybe not a problem but if they keep the bars open during the game then definitely no because morons will be more intent on drinking that watching the game and keep going back for more.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Pre match maybe but not all the way through the game. Too many ***** that would chuck beer in the air like they are at box park during a world cup game if we scored.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Pre match maybe but not all the way through the game. Too many ***** that would chuck beer in the air like they are at box park during a world cup game if we scored.

Exactly. Which is why it’ll never happen. Crowd simply can’t be trusted. I’m for a lot of things in football, but beer whilst game going on? Nope. Absolutely not. Way too many knobheads would spoil it for everyone else. Give ‘em an inch and I guarantee they’ll take a mile.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Poll added!

More options needed. I like the idea of not having to rush my pre match or HT drink and being allowed to take that back to my seat, but close the bar while the game is on as per suggestion by [MENTION=12880]Hotchilidog[/MENTION]

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
As a perennial late attendee to matches grabbing a pint to take to my seat and to enjoy at my own pace during the first half, possibly another one for the second half, would be perfectly acceptable rather than not getting one because I don't see the point in necking it just to have a drink before the match.

Being interrupted every 5 seconds by someone either leaving for, or arriving back with drinks and the inevitable toilet breaks that would ensue I'm not for.

Last edited:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I guess I'm probably the only one here who gets Madness in his head each time I read the thread title:

"I've been drinking in my seat
It's not quite a Jaguar..."

Granted, the original scans a little better.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
I guess I'm probably the only one here who gets Madness in his head each time I read the thread title:

"I've been drinking in my seat
It's not quite a Jaguar..."

Granted, the original scans a little better.

I've been hearing this..... "I've been drinking in my seat, sleeping in my dreams"

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
No, not for me, l love a drink as much as the next person, but l can manage 45 minutes without one. Particularly at football when l'm far more interested in watching what goes on on the oitch anyway.

Cricket for instance is a whole differtent scenario though, in fact l don't think l'd want to go, unless l could imbibe during the game.

That's just to numb the dullness of the game!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here