Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Dorset Albion fans travelling to the Amex

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I know there are a fair few Albion fans to the west of Southampton. Wondering if any arrangements are made to share the driving & petrol costs and reduce the number of cars on the road for home games? I'm based near Dorchester and plan to go to most home games, and practicality says this has to be by car. I'd rather car pool if possible.

If you do this already or are interested, feel free to DM.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Thanks to [MENTION=19156]warmleyseagull[/MENTION] for getting in touch. Definitely looks like we can sort out some car pooling for some games.

Anyone else in Dorset fancy possibly getting involved? Let me know.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I think a lot of long distance supporters have other things to do when visiting Brighon ie seeing family....car share would never work with us as we like to do our own thing, stop when we want and take whatever route we want....I would not want to be in a car with someone who wanted to stop every 20 mins, or the opposite not stop at all....

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
That's a good point. But if we can find a small group of people who sometimes want to just get to and from the game, it could cut traffic and costs for some home games.
[MENTION=12904]Napier[/MENTION] just added to the list and WhatsApp being set up.

el punal

A suggestion that might work - why not drive to Bournemouth or Southampton, park up and let the train take the strain for the rest of the journey? There are a few of us (from Bournemouth/New Forest) who meet up at Southampton station for the direct train to Brighton. For evening fixtures, because there are no late trains, try Seagull Travel who I believe operate from Havant - again, that will cut down the amount of time that you need to drive. Best of luck!

el punal

A suggestion that might work - why not drive to Bournemouth or Southampton, park up and let the train take the strain for the rest of the journey? There are a few of us (from Bournemouth/New Forest) who meet up at Southampton station for the direct train to Brighton. For evening fixtures, because there are no late trains, try Seagull Travel who I believe operate from Havant - again, that will cut down the amount of time that you need to drive. Best of luck!

Just realised! You can catch a SouthWestern train direct from Dorchester to Southampton, change, and get on the Southern Orient Express all the way to Brighton. The downside is that you’ll have to put up with us boozy crew for the journey! :drink::eek:

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
Usually get the train from New Milton, change at Southampton. Then train to Brighton. Always get the annual rail card. May have to ask TB to extend the free train to Southampton as well.:blush:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here