Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Donkeys Out of Contract

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Very few players re-sign in the last few months of their contracts, because they can command large signing on fees at new clubs, in lieu of transfer fees. We will have paid those for Lallana and Veltman. Combine that with the fact that, in the current market, many of those cloven hoofers are overpaid it looks like a perfect storm for that lot.

Ideal for us would be for them to stutter to a 17th place finish, with associated smaller place pot. and be ripe for finishing off as we press on next season.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I think that's actually a good thing. Good opportunity for a clear out.

I think they'll get Lampard in at the end of the season and focus on youth, saving the wages of those old duffers.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think that's actually a good thing. Good opportunity for a clear out.

I think they'll get Lampard in at the end of the season and focus on youth, saving the wages of those old duffers.

Going for a younger manager? Frank Lampard Senior fits the bill. At 72 he's a year younger than old Roy. Excellent shout, as always junior :thumbsup:

Ps, it's such a shame that all our players aren't out of contract in the summer, too. Another opportunity missed, by that hopeless manager, Potter.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It’ll be interesting if they decide to go with another long term project now that the ultras are demanding they play some nice football.

As a club, they all lost their nerve with Franciscus "Frank" de Boer, the now Netherlands Manager, he was trying to introduce a style and vision that the majority of their fan base could just not understand. It reminded me of the Potter out campaign as they all lost their beans and concentrated on short term results rather than long term objectives. No patience at all.

Hopefully they get someone like Big Sam in.
Totally different the majority of Albion gave Potter a season and a half before getting twitchy, Palace lost it after a handful of games under de Boer. Football always will be about fine margins had we lost to Liverpool and Spurs god knows what this place would be like.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If they’re relegated they’d have to do a rebuild using parachute money which would be tricky. They’ve got nothing coming through the academy at U23 level although their U18 team is doing quite well by all accounts.

Relegation would hit them hard.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
It’ll be interesting if they decide to go with another long term project now that the ultras are demanding they play some nice football.

As a club, they all lost their nerve with Franciscus "Frank" de Boer, the now Netherlands Manager, he was trying to introduce a style and vision that the majority of their fan base could just not understand. It reminded me of the Potter out campaign as they all lost their beans and concentrated on short term results rather than long term objectives. No patience at all.

Hopefully they get someone like Big Sam in.

attachment.php

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Just looked at the Palarse out of contract players list. And it is some list of high earners.
Even assuming that they offer some of these new contracts, with finances hit by COVID, they have some rebuilding job on their hands.
Apologies if I have missed some who have been offered contracts.

Wayne Hennessy
Stephen Henderson

Mamadhou Sakho
Scott Dann
Gary Cahill

Patrick Van Aanholt
Tyrick Mitchell
Nathaniel Clyne
Martin Kelly

James NcCarthy
James McArthur
Jeffrey Schlupp
Andros Townsend

Michy Batshuayi
Barndoor Benteke
Connor Wickham

Two questions for our NSC members who are Palace fans:

a) Which players from the above list would you want in your 25 man squad for the 2021/22 season?
b) Which players from the above list do you expect to be in your 25 man squad for the 2021/22 season?

I would be genuinely interested to know your thoughts.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It’s funny but as a palace fan I find it quite exciting, I have found it a bit boring the last few years having a team just about good enough to stay up. New manager and new players might help with the football mojo.

Looks like a good clear-out and a massive reduction of the wage bill. Bring in a new manager and see where it takes you.

Exciting times.

Hope it goes tits up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here