Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Donald Trump 2024

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Bounced off Twitter …but it’s ok ..found a home on the Evening Argus comments section
F38FE8BA-62ED-4966-86C2-B6B8DAD93128.jpeg

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
The Reds have already dumped him for the Christian Crusader Ron De Santis. That is the battle he has to win first.
Agreed but De Santis may well yet self-sabotage on his own pulpit of self-righteous ‘God has sent me’ bullshit.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's simply incredible that Trump's attempt to try to steal the vote in Georgia still goes unpunished.. " I need you to find another 10,000 votes for me.....just say that you miscalculated " ...vote rigging, election fraud or what ?

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
It's simply incredible that Trump's attempt to try to steal the vote in Georgia still goes unpunished.. " I need you to find another 10,000 votes for me.....just say that you miscalculated " ...vote rigging, election fraud or what ?
But Hunter Biden owns a laptop, so...y'know, swings and roundabouts

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...-executive-summary?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other Obviously not something that Tyrone B will be able to accept but, still a usefull timeline of the attempted corruption and insurrection on Jan 6.

I can accept it.

Just like I can accept all the other corrupt shit that goes on.

Like in 2016 when Hilary had the Democrat primaries rigged to favour her and shut Sanders out of the race.

Interfering in electoral processes is bad yeah? Vote rigging bad didn't you say?

Or only when certain people do it?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
But Hunter Biden owns a laptop, so...y'know, swings and roundabouts
Indeed, the Hunter Biden laptop takes everything to a whole new level. You can almost understand Trumps desperation to link aid for Ukraine to be linked to the most searching of investigations of HB.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Indeed, the Hunter Biden laptop takes everything to a whole new level. You can almost understand Trumps desperation to link aid for Ukraine to be linked to the most searching of investigations of HB.
That laptop (if it even exists) would have been through the hands of so many people and have so many digital footprints on it that it would be totally inadmissible as evidence anyway. It makes me laugh that they keep banging on about it.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

The Hunter Biden laptop story has zero to do with Trump. Keep up at the back.

"Hunter Biden story is Russian disinfo, dozens of former intel officials say​

More than 50 former intelligence officials signed a letter casting doubt on the provenance of a New York Post story on the former vice president's son."

That was 2020.

Now all those partisan clowns have been shown as either liars or clueless.

The story is now about the lies, coverups and disinformation regarding reporting of this case.

The FBI were planting some of those early seeds to try and discredit the story.

You don't think that's news worthy?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
That laptop (if it even exists) would have been through the hands of so many people and have so many digital footprints on it that it would be totally inadmissible as evidence anyway. It makes me laugh that they keep banging on about it.

If it even exists?

Is there a conspiracy theory it doesn't?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
You do realise that “God has sent me” bullshite, goes down rather well the other side of the pond….
Yes - there’s something in that - however, he may be popular with Florida‘s Republican red neck voters because he’s served as an effective Governor there since 2019 but in the wider Republican Party at large and the GOP, he runs the risk of coming across as ‘odd’ and has even been accused of being blasphemous.
posted before up thread:

His fundamental ’Christian’ position on same sex relationships and absolutist pro-life views won’t endear him either to the more moderate Republicans who will want a Candidate capable of winning swing States imo.

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
De Santis I feel will easily get the Republican nomination. Will he win? I think he has a very good shot. I personally don't think he's all that as some people seem too, but that's whatever. Just have to hope if he does win, he makes some good, prudent changes for us Americans. What else is there for us to do but hope?

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
Firstly, there is no evidence to connect Hunter Biden’s activities to Joe Biden

Secondly, Trump threatened to withdraw/delay arms sales to a Country that was about to be invaded by Russia (my tin foil hat might tell me Trump would have been aware of Putins plans to further advance into Ukraine since the 2014 illegal annexation of the Crimea given his frequent visits and his Son’s meetings with Kremlin Lawyers and sanction Russian banks in the lead up to the 2016 election - the difference, DT Junior was working for the Trump team directly.

Threatening to withdraw essential arms supplies to a Country that desperately needed them in exchange for dirt on an opponent in a domestic election is an insidious form of blackmail - Trump also ran the US Ambassador to Ukraine out of her job after he launched months of smear campaigning against her. Why, because she pi**ed off the shady Ukranian mafia types that Guilliani and Trump were in bed with (probably literally in Trump’s case!)

Vote for another Party? 🤷‍♂️
Not a Republican friend, I'm a Libertarian(y)

But tbh yes I used to be, but always picked who I thought was best and didn't just follow the party line.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Yes - there’s something in that - however, he may be popular with Florida‘s Republican red neck voters because he’s served as an effective Governor there since 2019 but in the wider Republican Party at large and the GOP, he runs the risk of coming across as ‘odd’ and has even been accused of being blasphemous.
posted before up thread:

His fundamental ’Christian’ position on same sex relationships and absolutist pro-life views won’t endear him either to the more moderate Republicans who will want a Candidate capable of winning swing States imo.

Not just rednecks support him.

He has a large support base among the Cuban Americans in Florida too.

Whether that can translate to other Latino groups throughout the nation who knows.

I think he'll be more popular with Hispanics than Trump would ever be.

He's Catholic as is Biden so if many Catholics voted for Biden last election you could see some flipping to him from those communities.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
There’s no doubt that he is more in favour than Trump and his base will continue to erode Trump’s, I agree - the issue is whether the GOP think a far right candidate has a chance of beating a (non-Biden!) Democrat in 2024. I agree with your astute observation that De Santis could gain popularity the among the Hispanic communities. However, there exists a whole spectrum of varying Catholic adhesion to doctrine, ranging from Evangelical Catholicism and Conservatism to what might be described as more of a ‘cultural affiliation’ rather than a conviction based adherence to the tenets of the Catholic faith. There is a big difference between Biden’s ‘Catholicism ’ that embraces Roe v Wade and LGBTQ for example
I know this is not what you are saying but I don’t think we could assume ‘Catholic America’ is an homogeny of believers with any one Candidate appealing across the board to all of America’s 58 million Catholics just because he is a Catholic.

They are not, however if DeSantis could win over more of the Latinos who can be swayed on certain issues then there are opportunities which could impact some results.

He'll never win over the North East Catholics who are dyed in the wool Democrats harking back to the days of Kennedy.
Stephen Colbert is a perfect example of those types.

The ones he might win over are the ones who consider crime and border protection higher up in the list of importance.

I still believe the majority of Americans want to see a President that does not discriminate against significant proportions of the population on the grounds of race, sex, gender and colour and whom recognises the autonomy that women should have over their bodies just to name a few issues. I also imagine the non-Floridans won’t have been ‘bought off’ by the large amounts of funding DeSantis has dished out to people living at the frontline of climate change, such as flood defences etc. However, unlike the Democrats, DeSantis has done nothing to address the causes of CC instead dismissing it as “left wing stuff’ and it reeks of a climate denial mentality. In a State thats in the firing line for the first brunt of CC impacts, that a little concerning.

I don't think the majority of people outside of places like NY and Los Angeles do care about gender and sex etc that much.

People seem to forget that the Latino and black communities have been traditionally conservative in nature.

Recent polling of the Latino groups by the Pew Research Centre for the mid-terms would indicate the things you raised aren't that high of priority to them.

No doubt abortion would be an issue however in those communities but which way they sway is hard to tell.

For Latino registered voters, the economy is the top issue affecting their vote ahead of this fall’s midterm election, followed by health care, education, violent crime and gun policy.

It's also worth noting he has a decent military record and is still serving which will serve him much better with many Americans over a draft dodger like Trump and a career politician like Biden

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Its all they have to try to hang on to.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Politicians lie all the time to try and influence outcomes.
Yeah, that's before the vote. He was trying to change the outcome after the vote!

The fact that you can't see that is all we need to know.

Look at the absolute lies the Democrats pushed with the now soundly debunked Russia-gate nonsense.
I don't believe that is debunked, not that it matters in the context of what we're discussing. Trump wouldn't have been removed without evidence.

No my argument is that it's laughable that people think the US was going to be overthrown. Like it's hilarious.
So you can't understand that a state governor could lie about their election results?

He very well might be prosecuted but the fact that so much corruption and lies by other politicians just get swept under the rug means it's all one massive fraudulent system that picks and chooses which corruption it will accept.
We get lies from our parties too, but there is a world of differences between the sort of exaggerated claims we see in order to swing a vote, and actually trying to overturn the vote.

You are so blinded by your loyalties that you can't see common sense or reason.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Exactly. Trying to pass that off as 'well the Democrats lie too' is baffling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here