Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Doing the double

PFW

Feb 16, 2017
The foot hills of Norfolk
Was wondering if there is anyone running the London Marathon and then going on to watch the semi final at Wembley. I would have done it but didn't manage to get into the Marathon, but will be watching it from some pubs along the route, before going on to Wembley.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd have needed supreme confidence in beating Grimsby in order to run 26 miles before playing Utd at Wembley.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Was wondering if there is anyone running the London Marathon and then going on to watch the semi final at Wembley. I would have done it but didn't manage to get into the Marathon, but will be watching it from some pubs along the route, before going on to Wembley.
I would also have done it, but I'm lazy and unfit, so decided on just the football.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Done the London marathon 7 or 8 times, would absolutely love to have a place but nowhere near meeting the GFA times and been crocked for a couple of years. Fantastic event, but getting a place outside a GFA or charity place (need to raise typically £2k) is almost impossible now.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Yes, as @Bozza mentions, I find myself in this unenviable position on Sunday (I know of at least one other long-time Albion fan in the same boat). Having tried without success to get a ballot place in the London Marathon for well over ten years, I was delighted to final get a place this time round. But, as we progressed through the FA Cup, the inevitability of the situation dawned on me and I was mentally prepared well in advance for it. It's my first marathon, so I don't really know how long it'll take me, but I'm hoping for around 4 1/2hrs which, with a 10:30 start time would give me 90mins to get to Wembley from the finish line. If I can still walk.

PS - I'll be in a Prostate Cancer UK t-shirt and wearing an Albion cap, so give me a shout as I hobble by (race number 8336)

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
Yes, as @Bozza mentions, I find myself in this unenviable position on Sunday (I know of at least one other long-time Albion fan in the same boat). Having tried without success to get a ballot place in the London Marathon for well over ten years, I was delighted to final get a place this time round. But, as we progressed through the FA Cup, the inevitability of the situation dawned on me and I was mentally prepared well in advance for it. It's my first marathon, so I don't really know how long it'll take me, but I'm hoping for around 4 1/2hrs which, with a 10:30 start time would give me 90mins to get to Wembley from the finish line. If I can still walk.

PS - I'll be in a Prostate Cancer UK t-shirt and wearing an Albion cap, so give me a shout as I hobble by (race number 8336)
Just looked it up and it is 8 miles on foot from the finish line to Wembley Stadium. If you kept up the same pace then you could just go through the finish line and keep on running. By my calculations you should get there 6 minutes before kick off.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Friend of mine is doing it, obviously marathon arrangements were made months ago. His PB is 4:30(something) so will need to get a move on

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Just looked it up and it is 8 miles on foot from the finish line to Wembley Stadium. If you kept up the same pace then you could just go through the finish line and keep on running. By my calculations you should get there 6 minutes before kick off.
I'll bear that in mind.....:D

Just thankful I told a little bit of a white lie in terms of my likely finish time, which enabled me to edge a bit further forward on starting time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here