Hove
1. Glad we didn’t wait any longer to see the vet
2. Glad we have insurance!
F1F0F559-3495-4B6E-9CD2-F9CAC13FBAEA.jpeg

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Thats a lot of lead walking until the new year. I hope they are okay and the vet fixes them.

Yep. He’s a 6mnth old pup so vet hopeful he’ll make a full recovery. Booked in to have surgery Tues or Weds as it will need pins and plates. Need to restrict all movement likely for 4 weeks, with then a review and start exercising at 8 weeks with a view to off lead at 12 weeks.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
I’ve had three rescued Persian cats over the last 25 years. My last one passed away on Wednesday and we always said we would get a dog once she went to cat heaven. We are going to pick up (hopefully) a three month Cockapoo pup tomorrow. Prices are ridiculous but hey ho, it feels like Xmas Eve tonight. ( The next Persian will follow soon!)

We have a cockapoo puppy now coming up to five months. She also is a pain in the bum but such a lovely nature. She is good with kids and has a loving temperament, she is however still very much a puppy & is soooooo mischievous. We just take every day as it comes correcting her on her chewing, stealing things she shouldn't have ect ect....the list is endless.
As times goes by we find her naughtiness changes from one crime to another, she doesnt chew the mat now......but jumps up to greet us, things like that. She loves to learn though and learning is a good distraction from her crimes.

As I keep saying to the Mrs, she is still a puppy, work in progress(should have called her Potter:O) and we can expect this for up to another year until she loses her puppy ways for good. By the way they say mouthing & chewing should subside after they gain their adult teeth, around 4- ? Months old.

Dont want to sound like a broken record and I am no expert but I think it's just keep doing what you are doing and hopefully the dogs boisterousness and playfulness will decrease to a more manageable level.
I dont regret getting our bundle of fun, she gives so much back, it's great fun.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
Ok so I wanted to get advice here. We have got a spangold retriever called Nellie / **** ... so springer cross golden retriever. She’s just a little shit most of the time... we’ve done the puppy classes / had a home visit etc - we probably need to do more on the training front but she just won’t stop mouthing / biting - jumping up at the kids - fighting our 9 year old chug - grabbing and chewing anything etc etc. We’re aware of the ‘techniques’ to help but it’s not making huge amounts of difference - and they all seem quite nicey nicey give the dog a treat to distract etc... She has got a lovely side though and is getting more cuddly and affectionate all the time - just too full of beans... thinks everyone and everything is a game and just wants to play...

Anyone me got any advice? Anyone got some reassuring words that it’ll be worth it? When will she calm and stop the biting / chewing / twatery???!!!!

Is she getting enough exercise? Springer/ Retriever cross sounds like 60-90 minutes a day walk and fetch . I'm sure she'll mellow with age

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
1. Glad we didn’t wait any longer to see the vet
2. Glad we have insurance!
View attachment 129099

I'm no expert, but I can see a source of discomfort. :rolleyes: Hope it heals soon.

A friend has recently had 2 cats run over, one dead, the other mashed at the waist, she's gone for the expensive rebuild route. The xray looks like a freeform jazz X-ray!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm no expert, but I can see a source of discomfort. :rolleyes: Hope it heals soon.

A friend has recently had 2 cats run over, one dead, the other mashed at the waist, she's gone for the expensive rebuild route. The xray looks like a freeform jazz X-ray!

He’s 3 weeks post £4.1k op for surgery to pin and plate the bones. All seems okay at the moment, he’s restricted to max 10min walks on a lead and trying to keep him calm the rest of the time. Yes, luckily we are insured!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Is she getting enough exercise? Springer/ Retriever cross sounds like 60-90 minutes a day walk and fetch . I'm sure she'll mellow with age

Yes apparently we were giving her too much! Dog trainer said 20-30 mins a day otherwise she burns calories and something or other about being too hypo...

She’s mellowed a lot last few weeks and improving in all areas. Just bloody strong, loves a headbutt and gets over excited when she sees dogs / People so we have her on a lead sometimes inside when there’s people round etc. Starting to be so so affectionate and exactly the family dog we wanted - hard work though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here