Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Dog sitters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
We have a couple of breaks booked and are our normal arrangement is not now available. Does anyone have someone they could trust to have our labrador for a week in March? We have approached a few of the professionals locally but didn't get a good vibe from any. Worthing area.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Check out Trusted House Sitters. You pay a one-off annual fee and can use it as many times as you like. You get identity verified people with reviews (you can interview them beforehand and pick from the list that applied) come stay at your house to look after the dog and it works very well. I've had it for a couple of years, used it maybe 10 times and never any aggro. Just depends how precious you are about relative strangers sleeping in your house.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's so bloody difficult, isn't it?

We ended up with three different trusted sitters but there were still times when they were all fully booked. One has since given up sitting and does walks only, and another only has very patchy availability.

I've PMed you with the details of who we tend to use for Henry - nice lady down East Worthing way who has her own dog. If you're outside of school holidays, and it sounds like you are, you may get lucky.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This is one of the reasons I'll never have a dog, even though paradoxically I really would love to have one.

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
Get a cat.

Neighbour can pop in twice a day to top up the food and water.

Job's a good 'un.
Don't get a cat. Our cat is a proper wanker, only interested in knowing us if she wants feeding - and then spends the whole day pestering us for food. Pulls out fur everywhere and does the most huge turds in the flower beds.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Don't get a cat. Our cat is a proper wanker, only interested in knowing us if she wants feeding - and then spends the whole day pestering us for food. Pulls out fur everywhere and does the most huge turds in the flower beds.
giphy.gif

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We have a couple of breaks booked and are our normal arrangement is not now available. Does anyone have someone they could trust to have our labrador for a week in March? We have approached a few of the professionals locally but didn't get a good vibe from any. Worthing area.
I'd have a check of any facebook groups that might be able to help.

I joined a group called 'whippet holiday swap UK' that basically people posted about their dog and where they were. As it happened we met a nice family in Shoreham who have a similar sighthound dog to ours and we started off with a few walks, the dogs got on, so we then had each other's dog overnight, and now we are booking our holidays so that we look after each other's dog while the other is away. We already had their dog while they went skiing after Xmas. It's great because I trust them with our dog and know he will be spoilt while there as is their's with us.

I know you don't have a lot of time, but might be worth a look.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here