Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Does Your Phone Spy on You?ř

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
I've already suggested that but not toasters as we recently bought one which involved a bit of internet research. Golf on the other hand would be ideal as it is something neither I nor my wife have the slightest interest in.

... except that you've just started to talk about golf on NSC.

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
Don't forget the power of location services. If you've both got these turned-on for various apps, and you've both been together recently then there's no need to monitor the microphone for people to understand potential joint interests.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Happens all the time to me a miss WD , we talk about having a bad back, up pops a back support. Talk about a new coffee table, up pops the ads ect ect

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Search for KPop once and you get weeks of advert about korean this and that. Might just be a thing where I'm based but really makes you think.

Also had an ex search about accountancy qualifications/courses on my laptop once and for years I was getting adverts. Nothing else could be related to it as I could see.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I don't so much mind being targeted by ads for things I might be interested in, what annoys me is when I get bombarded by ads for stuff i've just recently bought.

Yeah, my wife recently signed up for a monthly food club, and later a gin club. In each case, she shortly received an email from Saga Possibilities (she's also signed up to them), offerering a a discount to these clubs - but for new members only. :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here