Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Does it pay

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So from 2013 to 2022, Palace made an overall loss of £141.1m, whereas Brighton lost £199.8m.

In 2022, Palace made a loss and Brighton made a profit, combining to make a difference of £44.8m.
Given our better performances recently (finishing 6th in the PL, and our Europa League adventure), as well as our transfer dealings, I'd expect more of the same for 2023 and 2024, so I imagine the total loss for each club since 2013 will be about the same at the moment.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
So from 2013 to 2022, Palace made an overall loss of £141.1m, whereas Brighton lost £199.8m.

In 2022, Palace made a loss and Brighton made a profit, combining to make a difference of £44.8m.
Given our better performances recently (finishing 6th in the PL, and our Europa League adventure), as well as our transfer dealings, I'd expect more of the same for 2023 and 2024, so I imagine the total loss for each club since 2013 will be about the same at the moment.
We will post a profit of £110m for 22/23
And have a squad worth at least £100m more than them.

As i keep o. Saying, there's debt, and then there's a financial strategy.

Let them bang on about the £400m.
We csn just enjoy what it's given us.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Er, no.

IMO Bloom has done an incredible job, not because he has spent a lot (which, like many other owners, he has), but because he's built the club so wisely, and I think his genius (and that's what it is) should be recognised as such.

Instead we have the likes of Jordan and Souness :wrong: suggesting we've simply got where we are today by spending. I don't think they should bang on unchallenged with false statements.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We will post a profit of £110m for 22/23
And have a squad worth at least £100m more than them.

As i keep o. Saying, there's debt, and then there's a financial strategy.

We csn just enjoy what it's given us.

Our facilities are near enough complete. They’ll require further debt/investment of at least £160m just to build one stand.

At the moment any financial comparison is pears versus rotten apples.

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Our facilities are near enough complete. They’ll require further debt/investment of at least £160m just to build one stand.

At the moment any financial comparison is of pears versus rotten apples.
This

Effectively tony has spent £150m more than Parish for a better squad and a new stadium.
We are miles ahead in real terms

Jimmy Grimble

Anyone else expect this to be a thread about chasing a winner in the 95th minute away from home instead of managing out a draw?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
From the Palace Video, I assume that the money coming in from Textor has been used to pay off the accumulated debts.
With that in mind, does that mean they will be continually looking for new investors to cover the future losses?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here