Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doctor Who

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The hybrid idea sounds interesting but not sure how they'd make it work if it was actually to appear in the series - as a humanoid with a particular flair for ruthlessness (and possibly an eyepatch) or maybe a Dalek shell with more of a Charles Rennie Mackintosh feel than is usual? The Daleks/Davros already seem to know almost as much about time travel etc as the Time Lords so just not entirely sure how it would develop. Could be interesting though. I still keep hoping for a series big bad to be Omega though :)

We've already had a human-timelord hybrid - Doctor Donna.[/QUOTE]

Isn't River Song some sort of hybrid between Amy Pond and the Matt Smith Doctor?

No, she's the daughter of Amy Pond and her bloke, and she's the wife of The Doctor.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Isn't River Song some sort of hybrid between Amy Pond and the Matt Smith Doctor?

River Song has regeneration powers because she was conceived in the TARDIS/Amy Pond had been exposed to the time stream via the TARDIS.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Damn strong start to the series I thought. The Doctor/Davros conversations and when Clara was inside the Dalek (nice little call back to Ian there) were beautifully written scenes. You can see why this was given two episodes, allows Moffat to breathe a little and give some space to the dialogue rather than zipping along at 100mph.

The 'only other chair on Galifrey'...oh Davros you witty, magnificent b*stard :lolol:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Expect a big piece of Dr Who news in the next hour or so

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
She's back?

leela2.jpg

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
A spin-off set in Coal Hill School - yawn

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Is that so? Yawn indeed. Was hoping it would be torchwood related, had the potential to be great tv then died on its arse somewhat.

Seeing John Barrowan as Malcolm Merlyn in Arrow makes me realise what a good character Jack Harkness is (in an odd way)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
And now we have Davrosgate.

A bit of a fuss about Davros being able-bodied in the children in need mini-episode.

All well and good because it was set before Davros' accident in the timeline.

But Davies has done an interview about it no longer being acceptable that the villain is the guy in the wheelchair. It's a negative trope it seems.

So I suspect it looks like the legs will be back for Davros from now on in.

Good job he got a dose of timelord regeneration energy in his last appearance. Very lucky for the future scripts.

All a bit of a storm in a tardis souvenir cup to me but some are a bit hot under the collar about it. Oh for simpler times when no one felt the need to broadcast their rage to the world.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here