Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Do you want Scotland to progress?

Do you want Scotland to progress?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Well, do you?
No thanks,.. it's the tribal beauty of footy, you can wish all sorts of misfortune on your rivals/opponents without actually hating that particular country or it's countrymen.... ( .. I do however find it hard to love anything Welsh... but that could be born out of my 30 years of playing rugby here in the West Country... )

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's win win either way. I don't consider them any sort of rival really and would have no trouble wishing them well. On the other hand, it is HILARIOUS that they have never qualified from a group stage, ever.
Scotland qualified for many a tournament when me and thee were growing up where England, er, didn't qualify :shrug:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Scotland qualified for many a tournament when me and thee were growing up where England, er, didn't qualify :shrug:
Well yes, but even with a squad for the ages in 1978, managed to make an absolute mess of things.

Meanwhile almost every small nation you can think of have qualified from a group stage. Except Scotland.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well yes, but even with a squad for the ages in 1978, managed to make an absolute mess of things.

Meanwhile almost every small nation you can think of have qualified from a group stage. Except Scotland.
Them's the rules. It's what Scotland do. Or rather don't do. They'll doubtless do the same tonight, fail to progress by a minute or a millimeter or some old same old shit. That's how life is :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here