Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do you think Albion are going down?

Do you think Albion are going down?

• Total voters

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I dont understand some betting odds. I see Newcastle are 10/11 for drop and we are 14/1 yet we are only a point ahead of them.

Bookies will be using far more data than the league table for their odds.
I agree this does seem extreme, especially when considering Fulham have longer odds than Newcastle.

But even by using just [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION]'s excellent staying up tracker, Newcastle are looking the more likely to go down of the 3 teams.
The run in is crucial. If Newcastle beat us next week, there will be a big shift in the odds.

Last edited:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
It means punters have placed more money on Newcastle to go down than Brighton, the bookies have responded by making Brighton to go down a more attractive bet, and Newcastle a less attractive bet, in the hope of achieving a more balanced book, so they don't get hammered if it is Newcastle that goes down.

This!

A lot of people seem to think that bookies have some magic insider info or supercomputer working out the odds, but they don't - they just have a stab at the initial odds and then quickly (and repeatedly) adjust them for market sentiment to get an even spread of liabilities - essentially the opposite concept of matched betting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here