Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do you remember your first Albion AWAY Cup game

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think mine was the snowy London Road at Peterborough! 2-2 - one of the strangest, most exhilarating and, with hindsight of terrible tragedies to come, the scariest football match in terms of crowd safety/over-crowding!

Mine too. Went on the train and when we got back to HH we had to pee on the car door lock to defrost it. I have never been so cold as I was that day.

Morvangull

Oct 19, 2010
Bognor Regis
The Monday before (08/02/1960)this game at Highbury, when we played Rotherham for the third time in this round

We won 6-0 that night with many Arsenal fans cheering us on as Rotherham had knocked Arsenal out in the previous round
I think the team listed in that P.N.E program, was the same team that played at Highbury 5 days earlier

My dad drove us there. Traffic was terrible and we arrived a few minutes late but I remember Bill Curry scored a hat trick and I'm pretty sure Freddy Jones also scored. It was also the first game I saw under floodlights.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Millwall in League Cup, Sept 1964. That was fun ! Welcome to hooliganism. Lost 1-0.
Then went back the next Saturday for a league game (Div 4). Worse hooliganism. Lost 2-0.
FA cup was Bristol City later that year. It lashed it down that day. Bobby Smith shot at an empty goal - and the ball got stuck in the mud. Lost 1-0.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
No idea of the year, late 90s.

Peterborough - all I can remember was that it was rammed full in the terrace, we had half the stand to our right, we had red flares go off a couple of times and we definitely scored.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
and the result?

Mine was a League Cup night match in Sept 76 (had to google the date)

We were division 3 and West Bromwich Albion were 1st division

A fabulous 0-2 with Wardy scoring 2

Fantastic memories and if anyone can find a video of the goals you’d make an old man very happy!

Great game to go to.

Mine was Gillingham away 1975.

The moment I fell off my stool we scored! Very unlikely that there is a video!!

My second away game was Hereford away in the same season, where a certain Peter Ward scored after 50 seconds on his debut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
1976 v Derby I was 14 and actually had my first pint of black stuff in a pub that in 1976 looked like it hadn't been decorated since 1876 , I was sick as a pig shortly afterwards and haven't had a Guinness since , can't remember score although I know we got beat and that Archie Gemmil was playing for Derby , unless I made that bit up for no apparent reason he was head and shoulders below anyone else on the pitch .

I was hooked on away games and probably still do more away than home , something about going away to different grounds that still gives me a buzz whatever the score .

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

Fromthesouth

Apr 30, 2016
Gillingham, think it was 75, from what I remember we had huge support, away end, half the home end and part of the side

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here